Full custom Tikka

6.5shaggy

Tikka T3 I finished today in the rain. T3 action, McGowen light target CM barrel in 7mm SAUM. Manners T4 stock in coyote tan and all the metal is Cerakote burnt bronze. An IOR 4-16x50 tactical mounted in TPS rings. Groups will follow soon.

Attachments

• IMG_3813.jpg
    IMG_3813.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_3814.jpg
    IMG_3814.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 90
The bolt and bolt knob appear to be a slightly different color than the rest of the metal. Am I seeing things? or are they treated differently?

Cool rifle.

Trebark,

The shroud, bolt handle and plastic parts were painted with an airbrush and cured separately at a lower temperature than the barreled action that was painted with a HVLP gun. They turned out a little more gold than bronze, it's subtle but still different. I've Duracoated alot, but this was my first Cerakote. I don't know what caused the diffrence for sure, but I feel that the airbrush flashed off a little and caused the different shade. I offered to refinish them but the customer liked the contrast and said to leave it.

Trebark,

The shroud, bolt handle and plastic parts were painted with an airbrush and cured separately at a lower temperature than the barreled action that was painted with a HVLP gun. They turned out a little more gold than bronze, it's subtle but still different. I've Duracoated alot, but this was my first Cerakote. I don't know what caused the diffrence for sure, but I feel that the airbrush flashed off a little and caused the different shade. I offered to refinish them but the customer liked the contrast and said to leave it.

Interesting as I thought it might have been deliberate.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts