• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Full Custom Savage 10 6.5x47L Tack-Driver

.300 Dakota

This gun only has 24 rounds down it, and half of those were shoot-1-and clean for break-in. Built on a top bolt release new Model 10 action, it has a super light Accu-Trigger turned down to minimum, over-sized factory (Predator) bolt knob, Boyd's green camo laminate thumbhole stock bedded to the action with an oversized ground recoil lug using Marine-Tex epoxy. Barrel is a Criterion 26" 1:8 twist Savage Varmint contour. Metal surfaces have been Cerakoted Graphite Black. Shipping scales say 10 pounds, 1 ounce with the heavy duty Picatinney rail attached (included). The picture of the group shot was the first group fired for accuracy from this rifle. I can give you that recipe, but it used 120 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips. I fired another group made differently with the same bullet, and it printed sub-1/2 MOA. The group pictured measured 0.188". I'm not a great shot and not the steadiest hand on the firing line. Barrel measures 0.816" at the muzzle with the coating. There are a couple of very minute blemishes that you have to hold at a certain angle in a certain light to see I created installing and bedding the stock. Otherwise, this is a brand new rifle that is just broken in properly. This one has a 13 3/4" LOP and, as you can see, is STUPID accurate! That is a 3-shot group at a laser-measured 100 yards...

I am not an FFL holder, so your dealer will need to ok dealing with an individual. If dealer to dealer is required, add $30 to total for transfer fee on my end for my dealer's services. I can only ship UPS. I have to show the local UPS office a copy of a valid FFL I'm shipping to, and any prudent seller would keep a file copy for their records. Therefore I will need to get a file copy of the FFL emailed or mailed to me, and I will enclose a copy of my driver's license with the rifle. I will accept discreet Friends/Family PayPal or a certified check or postal money order mailed if you prefer. Shipping will be $35 insured, and price of rifle is $850, and I'm losing a good bit of money at that. Price is firm, and I am not looking to trade anything. Looks like the virus may force me out of some work time, so I need to make sure my bills are paid. Total shipped UPS Ground and insured is $885 unless FFL to FFL is required, as in NY State or similar areas. NO SALES/SHIPPING to CA, NYC, Chicago or surrounding areas, DC, AK, or HI, or anywhere else not legal to own, receive, or ship to. I will not modify or jump through any hoops to make this legal if it's not already. Standard 5-round capacity, blind magazine, so it should be fine anywhere but the above places, or maybe Capital Hill, WA... I'm on Central Daylight Saving Time, so I'm about to turn in for the night. First one with $885 (or $915 if FFL to FFL required) and a valid FFL copy gets it. Again, I will supply the load details if desired. Thanks for looking, and I pray everyone stays safe and secure! Scope in last photos not included. For reference only. Rail is included. No rings. Thanks!

PS. Photos at bottom with scope show a stainless trigger guard. This was replaced with the black metal one in the top photos to match the other metal work.
20200721_192604.jpg
20200721_192420.jpg
20200721_192701.jpg
20200721_192827.jpg
20200721_192906.jpg
20200721_192511.jpg
20200314_103558.jpg
20200314_011619.jpg
20200314_011547.jpg
20200721_192521.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts