• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Full Custom 6.5 GAP 4s lightweight rifle

Brianc74

My budd John is selling a full Custom rifle chambered in 6.5 GAP 4s. This is with the .88 freebore. His load for this is with Berger Elite Hunter Bullets and H1000 doing 3070fps and easily 1/2moa out to as far as he has shot, 800 yards. He is selling with the Redding Match Die Set you get from GA Precision, some brass and some already loaded ammo. All with Hornady Brass. He is wanting to sell for $3500 plus shipping OBO . Rifle built by MCM Firearms. John thinks the rifle alone weighs 6.5lbs or less. Scope, bipod and pack are not included. Here are the build specs.
1. Lone Peak Titanium Razor sa
2. Proof Research Sendero Lite Carbon Barrel,1-8 twist, 25" Finnish, muzzle 5/8 24
3. McMillan A3 Sporter bdl, 13.5 lop, Full Carbon fill, pillar bedded. Clear Carbon Finnish
5. Obendorf Style bdl bottom metal, with Wyatt's extended centerfeed box and follower.
6. Timney Calvin Elite trigger
7. All metal Cerakoted black
8. Hawkins Hybrid Hunter Rings 30mm
IMG950906.jpg
IMG950903.jpg
IMG950899.jpg
IMG950904.jpg
IMG950901.jpg
IMG950908.jpg

Last edited:
Original post edited. John doesn't want to sell the scopes.

Brian

I appreciate the good eyes on the stock and particulars on the bottom metal.. Made corrections to the add. You are correct on the stock. The bottom metal is the Orbendorf style bdl bottom metal. Its the extended version. If I remember correctly. It will fit 3 rounds in the magazine, but is a little tight.. round count is around 100-110.

I was trying to remember the best I could on the build parts. It was put together 3 years ago. Did not ever think John would sell it.

Brian

Posted this rifle on other forums and locally now. Timestamp rules apply with (I will take this and followed up with a PM) to make payment arrangements.

Brian

Was he using 140 gr elite hunter at 3070 fps or the 156 gr eol elite hunter