• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS- Winchester Model 70 7mm STW barrel w/ Boss brake

Status
Not open for further replies.

bapayton

Hey fellas!

I'm trying to gauge what sort of interest, if any, this barrel would bring. I'll set a price of $150 simply because I have to set a price but really have no idea of what it's worth. I picked it up the other day among a bunch of other stuff and because this is the home of the STW I wanted to offer it up here first.

It's a Winchester Model 70 7mm STW takeoff with a Boss (I think the original boss was by Browning) and a Boss CR. In looking at the barrel the finish is really good but not perfect. I bet some fine steel wool and a little gun oil and you couldn't tell this from brand new. In looking at the wear I bet there MIGHT have been a box of shells run through it. As you can see from the pics the Boss CR comes in it's own plastic carry case. I would think a barrel in this condition would be exceedingly rare but I could be wrong. There is an engraving on the CR piece that says 97/130. Something like that usually means a limited run but I can't be 100% sure. It looks to have been cut for the Model 70 classic as there is an extractor cut at the breech. Overall length is about 25 1/2" with Boss attached. Probably a medium sporter contour. For those of you who do not know what the Browning Boss is it's basically a muzzle brake and tuner in one. You can check at this link from Browning (How does the BOSS system work? - Browning Questions and Answers).

Some more details:
Length w/ Boss set at Zero- 25 1/4"
Length w/ Boss set at 10- 25 5/8"
Actual barrel length wo/ Boss 23"
Boss threads are 5/8-24 tpi so a regular brake would be easy to find if you didn't want to use the Boss.
Barrel diameter at 5 on Boss scale- .835"

I guess that's about it. Like I say I wanted to see what kind of interest it drew here before I did something else with it (rechamber or sell on eBay).

Oh, the shop where I picked this up had some 7mm STW brass on hand. I don't know how many times it had been fired but I can check if someone needs/wants it.

Thanks for your help!

BP

Attachments

• DSCN2726.JPG
    DSCN2726.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN2727.JPG
    DSCN2727.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN2728.JPG
    DSCN2728.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 14