• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS: Winchester Classic Safari Express 375H&H

Duvel

For sale is a LIKE NEW Winchester Classic Safari Express in 375 H&H. I have only fired 16 rounds through this gun to sight it in. There has never been a scope mounted on it and it has never been hunted with. The only flaw is a nick in the checkering panel on the grip(see picture). Asking $1300 shipped and insured to your FFL holder in the lower 48. Includes box, no paperwork. The only partial trade I will consider is for a FN commercial Mauser action.

Attachments

• H&H 001.jpg
    H&H 001.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 13
  • H&H 002.jpg
    H&H 002.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 12
I have three of these rifles, one in each caliber they built. They are excellent rifles. I have two pre-64 model 70's and IMO these are a much nicer rifle.

I've had really good luck with the Classic Winchesters, especially in 375 H&H. I have never had or heard of one that wouldn't shoot. Not that the 375 H&H is magical, just seems to be inherently accurate.

To be honest, it is actually quite a joy to shoot. Nice slow shove, and not a lot of muzzle blast. I find my 338 win mags more uncomfortable to shoot than a 375(the 375 weighs more of course). The 375 is an amazingly universal round. I've shot 235gr pills out of one for use on whitetail and coyotes and then you could shoot the 300-350gr solids if elephant is on the menu(I have never been on an ele hunt though). A person would be amazed how flat a 270gr boat tail can shoot. The 375 is to the world, what the 30-06 is to the US.

I've had really good luck with the Classic Winchesters, especially in 375 H&H. I have never had or heard of one that wouldn't shoot. Not that the 375 H&H is magical, just seems to be inherently accurate.
I had one of the safari express 375's and it wouldn't shoot unless you went with a 300 grain bullet. It then was a sub moa rifle.:D I sold it when I needed $$. Now I've got a remmy and it shoots very well but it's rather ugly in comparison.

To sweeten the deal a bit, I'm going to throw in a brand new set of Redding 375 H&H dies. Oh, and a price drop to $1200 shipped. Sorry no box, apparently my wife threw it away(sigh)...

I will consider trades, let me know what you have. I'm very interested in Mausers...