• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS: NIB Winchester 70 Stealth 243 w/ Timney Trigger

Duvel

I'm selling a new in box Winchester Model 70 Stealth in 243. This has the classic control round feed action and the stock has an aluminum chassis. The only thing that isn't factory on this gun is that it has a Timney trigger. It is unfired except from the factory. I'm asking $800 shipped to your FFL in the lower 48. I will try to post pictures later, when I'm near an actual computer.

pics

Attachments

• IMG_2143.jpg
    IMG_2143.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2142.jpg
    IMG_2142.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2139.jpg
    IMG_2139.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2138.jpg
    IMG_2138.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2141.jpg
    IMG_2141.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 8
Is this the aluminum bedded stock? What is the weight on this rifle?

Yes, it had the aluminum bedding. Not sure in the weight but it's pretty hefty. I'll try it weigh it later

It's the plain vanilla 243 Win. Not the super short. I had two of these, bought one for me and one for my wife. She wasn't interested in shooting her's so I sold it(the link you provided). Hers didn't have the Timney like this one does. I ended up putting together a 25-308 just to be weird, so I have no use for this gun now. Especially since we have a baby on the way, time to shed some toys...

Plain vanilla 243?????? The original 243 is more like 31 flavors with all the toppings and sprinkles you could possibly want. The 243 super short was a cheap immitation that was only relevant for a "super short" time. Winchester should have never tried to fix a 243 that wasnt broken.

I couldn't agree more... Plain vanilla just happens to be my favorite flavor...

What year was your stealth made? When I bought my stealth in 01 or 02 a 243 was not an option so I got a 22-250. Since I have seen stealths for sale in 243 and 220 swift both of wich I prefer over a 22-250. Years ago I traded my stealth 22-250 for a remington VLS in 243.

I am thinking I would like to put your stealth into a mcmillan a-3 but I am still trying to fine tune the rifle I put together last year. It will make a nice rifle for somebody.