• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS: Leupold VARI-XIII 4.5-14x40 AO Tactical

Status
Not open for further replies.

emfour

I have a Leupold 4.5-14x40 AO 'tactical' (target turrets, 1" main tube, 70MOA adjustment range) scope for sale. I am the original owner, it was mostly a 'safe queen', purchased back in the late 1990's I believe. The scope was painted, but I have removed it however there are small bits in the cracks, etc., that could be removed with more work. It will never be a glamour model but it looks very good for it's age. Before it was painted it went to Leuopld for service and they installed the mildot reticle. It has never been abused or dropped, any nicks (mostly on the caps) are from transport or getting bumped in the safe. It was on top of a .308 WIN for it's entire life. The reason for the trip to Leupold service was the return spring(s) for the turrets took a set (my description) and the reticle would not return back fully to the one side. Leupold fixed it under their lifetime warranty (no questions asked) and at that point I paid to have the reticle changed to a mildot. That was about a year or so ago.

The reason I'm selling it is that I want side focus. It has always tracked/returned to zero accurately. This is a second focal plane scope so the mildots are only accurate at full power. There is a Leupold 4" matte black sunshade included, scope is matte black.

$550 OBO.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I have used this scope on his rifle and it works flawlessly. 1000 yards ding ding ding.

This IS a golden ring scope, but the ring is black so therefore it's... 'tactical'. Also, 1/4MOA adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.