• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS/FT Savage 16 FVSS .223

billm67

I bought this rifle at Cabela's in Hamburg, PA. This rifle turns out to be a Cabela's only rifle. It is a Savage Model 16 stainless action and barrel with a varmint contour fluted barrel in .223 remington. It has the Accutrigger and the Accustock with the aluminum skeleton. It has been fired a total of 50 round. Accuracy was good with two handloads both holding under 1" at 100 yards. I have a set scope mounts on the rifle that are steel and have the base and lower ring milled out of one solid piece of steel. The rifle is the new centerfeed with 4.4 screw spacing and the bolt release in the trigger guard. It has the tang 3 position safety and a hinged floor plate. I have the original box, all of the literature and the trigger adjusting tool for it like you would get if you bought it brand new.

It is a nice rifle...I would just prefer something in a larger caliber. I would trade this rifle for a remington or savage varmint gun in 243, 260 or 308. I may consider other guns bolt guns too....let me know what you have...the worst I can say is no. I will also sell it outright for cash deal of $625 plus shipping. I will get pics up later today or tommorow.

Last edited:

Recent Posts