• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS: Custom Remington M700 25-06, Hart, HS-precision LR rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadeye_ruck

Guys,

I have decided to part ways with my first true long range rifle. I have since tailored my aresenal to my needs and this rifle has turned into a safe queen.

This rifle is a Remington 25-06 built on a M700 long action. Action has been bedded and has been trued. The barrel is a 26" Hart SS HV taper 1:10 twist. The trigger has been tuned to around 1.5 lbs with just a touch of creep in it (one of the best factory triggers I've ever touched). It's set up in ADL configuration in a HS precision hunter stock. Overall this is a super nice set up and I have scored hits on chucks out to nearly 900 yards with this rifle. It shoots most anything you feed it from 75 VMAX's to 115g VLD's in tiny little holes. I have put 221 rounds through this rifle, most of which was load development. The guy that built the rifle (hvyw8t on accurate reloading forums) only put around 50 more through it. The rifle has been babied and shows no scratches or signs of wear.

It is outfitted with a Nikon buckmaster 6-18x40 scope (matte, duplex) in burris signature zee rings with inserts to gain 30 MOA of elevation. I've never ran the scope near it's max. I'm pretty sure the bases are leupold.

P1010015.jpg

P1010019.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010017.jpg

Along with this rifle, I have redding FL die set that goes with it, 100 pieces of virgin remington factory brass, at least 700 Nosler 85g ballistic tips (i'll have to double check exact amount), and around 70 pieces of fireformed/trimmed brass.

I personally shot the 85g bt around 3400 fps with great success but tried RL-17 with the 85's and was getting in the neighborhood of 3630 fps with great accuracy. I haven't shot the rifle since I tried that load.

This is one of the cleanest semi-custom rifles I have messed with. It would make a great long range deer, coyote or chuck rifle.

$1650 shipped to your FFL provided they will accept shipments from a private citizen and do not require FFL to FFL.

I am not willing to break this package apart at this time but may consider it if someone only wants the rifle. The rifle must sell first.

[deadeye,
How many grains for the RL-17 loads you listed?
H414 group not shabby, but what is the distance?
Lapua1911QUOTE=deadeye_ruck;654304]Guys,

I have decided to part ways with my first true long range rifle. I have since tailored my aresenal to my needs and this rifle has turned into a safe queen.

This rifle is a Remington 25-06 built on a M700 long action. Action has been bedded and has been trued. The barrel is a 26" Hart SS HV taper 1:10 twist. The trigger has been tuned to around 1.5 lbs with just a touch of creep in it (one of the best factory triggers I've ever touched). It's set up in ADL configuration in a HS precision hunter stock. Overall this is a super nice set up and I have scored hits on chucks out to nearly 900 yards with this rifle. It shoots most anything you feed it from 75 VMAX's to 115g VLD's in tiny little holes. I have put 221 rounds through this rifle, most of which was load development. The guy that built the rifle (hvyw8t on accurate reloading forums) only put around 50 more through it. The rifle has been babied and shows no scratches or signs of wear.

It is outfitted with a Nikon buckmaster 6-18x40 scope (matte, duplex) in burris signature zee rings with inserts to gain 30 MOA of elevation. I've never ran the scope near it's max. I'm pretty sure the bases are leupold.

P1010015.jpg

P1010019.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010017.jpg

Along with this rifle, I have redding FL die set that goes with it, 100 pieces of virgin remington factory brass, at least 700 Nosler 85g ballistic tips (i'll have to double check exact amount), and around 70 pieces of fireformed/trimmed brass.

I personally shot the 85g bt around 3400 fps with great success but tried RL-17 with the 85's and was getting in the neighborhood of 3630 fps with great accuracy. I haven't shot the rifle since I tried that load.

This is one of the cleanest semi-custom rifles I have messed with. It would make a great long range deer, coyote or chuck rifle.

$1650 shipped to your FFL provided they will accept shipments from a private citizen and do not require FFL to FFL.

I am not willing to break this package apart at this time but may consider it if someone only wants the rifle. The rifle must sell first.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.