• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS- custom Remington 7mm stw- PRICE REDUCED

bettin

I am selling a 7mm stw for a customer that needs to sell the rifle because of an unexpected medical bill. I built this rifle for him just this winter. It is a trued Rem 700 SS, pillar/epoxy bedded in a Lone Wolf carbon/kevlar stock. The barrel is a Douglas premium, carbon fiber wrapped by Advanced Barrel Systems. The barrel is finished at 26" and has a Screwd brake. It is printing 3" groups at 600 yds with 150 gr Barnes TSX bullets. This rifle is new and has only been shot for barrel break-in and load developement. It has Leupold VX3 LR 4.5x14x40 scope with custom ballistic reticle installed at Leupold. Price $2500 with scope, $2000 without. I will stand behind this rifle 100%. Any questions email me at [email protected]. or check my web site at www.bettincustomguns.com .

oes this stw have a muzzle brake? If so can it be taken off? What does it weigh?

Thanks Roy

Roy

Shrewd muzzle brake is lock-tited on, but I can change that if you want. Rifle weighs about 7.5 lbs. If you have any other questions, email me at [email protected]

Todd

Can I get some pictures of this rifle? i just sent a rifle back to rifles inc to have the muzzle brake taken off. For hunting I'd rather have a little more kick than screw up my hearing anymore.

Thanks Roy

Roy
You can see the rifle at www.bettincustomguns.com in the photo section. It is the rifle labeled composite Remington 7mm stw. If you were to decide to buy this rifle, I will remove the muzzle brake and machine a cap to cover the threads, no charge.

Thanks
Todd

Can you tell me what it weighs? I looked at it on your web site. I was looking at your other rifles. Which of the rifles you build does this compare to?
sorry for all the questions..

Thanks Roy

Roy

No problem with questions. The rifle weighs about 7 lbs with out scope. That model of scope weighs about 1 lbs. It is a Composite Hunter model.

Thanks
Todd

Todd,
Your web site says that you use rock creek barrels. The ad on this rifle says its a Douglas. I've talked to several people that don't speak to highly about the douglas barrels. You being the pro can you you give me your imput on this?

Thanks Roy

Roy

This rifle does have a Douglas barrel on it. At the time I built the rifle, Rock was WAY behind on the 7mm barrels. The customer and I decided to go ahead and use a douglas. The Douglas barrels are as good a button rifled barrel as any, what they lack is a good lapping job. Mike at ABS did a very thorough lap job on this barrel after he wrapped it. I personally did all the load developement and barrel break in on this gun. I can tell you that it shot VERY well, and I had no problems with fouling etc.I shot sub MOA groups out to 600 yds with 150 Barnes TSX bullets.Consistantly shot 1.5 " at 300yds and a 3 shot 3" group at 600yds on a calm day.

Thanks
Todd