• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

FS Custom 6.5 PRC

alf

FOR SALE:

Custom 6.5 PRC, built on a Remington 700 stainless steel long action from a new Sendero II rifle with a "S" prefix serial number, not a "RR" action.
Action was not trued, bolt was fluted by LRI.
Barrel is an 8 twist Bartlein 2b contour, 24 inches long.
Weight is 7 pounds as is.
I will include 100 pieces of detailed Hornady brass, freshly annealed, ready to load.
Round count is a little over 300.
Complete gun, minus scope, rings, and base.
$1795.00 shipped priority mail to your FFL, who must accept from a private individual, no exceptions.
Just the barreled action will be shipped to the FFL, the rest to the buyer directly.

Just the barreled action is available as well. Only the action, bolt, barrel, and factory trigger is for sale, no other parts are included.
$995.00 shipped priority mail to your FFL, who must accept from a private individual, no exceptions.
No trades, postal money order preferred for payment.

x5G763o.jpg

fwVAHYe.jpg

Original build thread:
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13382750/coming-clean#Post13382750

Checking drops thread:
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14211933/dope-check#Post14211933

Last edited:
I did read it, however, those hits can be mostly attributed to your skill as a shooter and reloader.

and usually when someone asks, on this forum, "how's it shoot," the normal response is, " 3/4 moa with factory or in the .2s and .3s with my awesome handloads." Orrr a picture of some of the load work up.

The next day I headed out to my mid range spot, starting at 100 yards, shooting 3 shot groups.

Clean/cold to begin.....

100 yds - 1 1/4"

200yds - 1 1/2"

300yds - 1 5/8"

400yds - bust (I was testing 142 SMK's also & the 6 shots all lumped together)

500yds - 3 1/2"

600yds - 3 7/8"

500 & 600 yards targets:

FvMH2Zd.jpg

One more test, just for the hell-of-it.......

Went out my closer spot, and shot 3 shot groups at 100-200-300-400.

Groups size was affected mostly due to the right to left wind & mirage.

100 - 3/4" (clean/cold)

200 - 1 1/4" (1st 2 touching)

300 - 1 1/2" (2 into 5/8")

400 - 3 1/4" (5 shot group- 2 leaked left missing wind pickup)

I had previously mounted the 2.5-10x42 Nightforce in lapped Seekins rings, and removed that scope to replace it with the 5.5-22 NF for load work. Decide it was a good time to switch them out and get the 10X sighted in.

Only took a couple minutes for that, then had to move the target back to 50. Quick peek down the bore to get it bore sighted, one shot at 50, dial the scope, move to 100, and shoot 3. Wow.......450" group, 3 quarters of an inch high.

Moved the target to 200......1 5/8"

Moved it to 300......2 1/2"

Moved to 400......perfect triangle at 2 5/8"....a touch high.

So I moved the scope two clicks down, and shot again......

First 2 shots dead center an inch apart, but lost the third 4" to the left again.....oh well......done and zeroed.

Set the zero stop and called it a day.

Last edited:
I thought the accuracy was well documented, but I reposted what was in the link. Sorry I couldn't post pics of targets to prove it, but I measure groups, and reuse the targets again several times over.

I have decided to sell the complete gun, minus the scope, rings, and base, so I have edited the original ad to reflect the changes, and added these pics.

I still have left the option to buy just the barreled action.

fwVAHYe.jpg

x5G763o.jpg

Last edited: