• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS Colt Sauer 300 Weatherby Mag

thechamp

Putting my Colt Sauer 300 Weatherby mag up for sale. Since I ordered a Blaser R8 in a 300 Wby I hardly need two of them around. This one is near mint and is an awesome shooter. I bought it from the original owner's son in Utah who got it from his dad back in the early 80s. He said his dad bought it new and took it hunting a couple of times and never used it again. From the way he talked it sounded like the gun may not have had a box of shells put through it. I did take it to the range and shot it with factory Wby ammo. It grouped the 150 grain SP and 165 grain SPs into 1/2" and better. It also surprised me in that the recoil was rather modest to say the least. My 270s kick more than this rifle did.

The gun has a tiny spot on each side of the barrel right at the muzzle where the finish is a bit rough. They're both very minor but they are there. I didn't see any other marks on the metal anywhere. The wooden stock has a small marr in the forend cap that appears to be only in the clear coat finish. There are a couple of other tiny marks near the sling swivels which were probably from a sling being on the rifle and the sling swivel leaving a couple of tiny dents in the finish. I would think that a decent stock man could remove all of them if they were an issue.

I'll list some pics here and have a bunch more that I can email to those that are interested. Price for the rifle and Weaver Grand Slam steel bases is $1750.

In addition I have a McMillan stock that I bought new and had bedded to fit this rifle. It is also mint, never hunted with, no marks. I do not wish to sell it until the rifle is gone with first dibs going to the buyer of the rifle. If he/she wants it I'd take $375 for the stock. The stock cost well over $400 by itself and I spent another $150 on the bedding.

The scope and rings do not go with the rifle.

ColtSauer027.jpg

ColtSauer026.jpg

ColtSauer035.jpg

ColtSauer039.jpg

ColtSauer045.jpg

The scope and rings do not go with the rifle.

ColtSauer033.jpg

Here are pics of both sides of the end of the barrel. Also a couple pics of the McMillan on the rifle. It is a sharp looking gun dressed in black...

McMillanandColtSauer029.jpg

McMillanandColtSauer028.jpg

McMillanandColtSauer024.jpg

McMillanandColtSauer019.jpg

McMillanandColtSauer023.jpg

McMillanandColtSauer020.jpg

The rifle is SOLD. Going to a collector where it'll get it's rightful place in a cabinet to be admired!

Last edited: