• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS: Brux 338 Barrel

Duvel

For sale is an obviously new Brux barrel in 338, 4150 CM. It is a #3 contour(.630@24"). I'm asking $285 shipped, exactly what I have in it. I need to fund other projects.

Attachments

• Brux Barrel 003.jpg
    Brux Barrel 003.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 9
  • Brux Barrel 002.jpg
    Brux Barrel 002.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Brux Barrel 001.jpg
    Brux Barrel 001.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 9
Nevermind, that deal fell through in a hurry. The barrel is back up for sale...

I'm assuming it is not flutted right? And it would be a 24" finished length? Like actually usable 24"s or no? Would you consider a #3 a light weight barrel or is it semi heavy?
Thanks

No sir, it is not fluted. The barrel measure something like 25" or 26" as it is. 24" is the intended finished length. I wouldn't consider it a light weight barrel. Nor would I consider it a heavy sporter. Somewhat of a medium, medium weight sporter. I had plans to build another 338 for plains game in Namibia where shots can be a tad "far", but I wanted a rifle I could stand to carry long distances. I chose this contour because its heavy enough to allow the gun to "hang" the target, but its not so heavy that it can't be carried up and down a mountain(then up again).