• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS Bartlein Barrel in 22x47 Lapua

alf

FOR SALE:

Bartlein 22 caliber 8" twist in their 2b contour.

Cut & crowned at 23", with a .655" muzzle diameter.

Chambered in a no turn 22x47 Lapua for factory Remington 700 threads & stock recoil lug.

.257" diameter neck, .075 freebore, specifically throated for 80 Berger VLD's for an OAL of 2.570".

A fantastic shooting barrel, with only 200 rounds down it.

Current load shoots the 80 VLD's at 3370, and is a coyote's worst nightmare.

I hate to sell, but I need one in a slightly bigger contour to thread it for a can.

$395.00 net to me shipped.

PayPal F&F preferred, cash, check, or postal money order accepted.

Barrel only, no recoil lug, bottom metal, action, stock, scope, brass, dies, etc.

No trades, thanks.

qkIWnhL.jpg

Barrel length is 23"

Shank diameter is 1.200"

There is no straight section of the shank before the start of the contour, kinda like a Rem version.

I hate that hard line, and generally have the smith blend/polish out the hard start of the taper.

There are no caliber markings on the barrel, so you don't have to fret lining them up on your action.

YvOdhnk.jpg

I could cut it at 16" where the barrel is .725", which is an option. I could also buy a direct thread adapter for the can in 1/2x28 too.

However, the plan is to rebarrel in a 12" twist to shoot 52's at 3800 for thermal use.

I could test the 52's in this 8"twist to see how they do, which could save me some money, but I already have the new blank sitting here.