• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS 338lapua Ackley improved

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaseyfied

Alright,

I will regret this. But its going up for sale. I have a brand new never fired rifle chambered in338 lapua Ackley improved. Rifle will b a hammer I just have some other things in the works and took a little longer than I thought to build this beauty. All work was done by bijou creek gunsmithing. Good to work with. Rifle has the following specs

-right hand stiller TAC 338 action with pinned 20moa base
- brux barrel 1/9.5 twist with straight flutes. 27" finished heavy varmit style contour.
-PTG bottem metal w/Wyatt's 4.000 mag box and follower
- Jewell trigger set to 2#
-manners t5a stock (thumbhole w/adjustable cheek)
- 3 port 10° directional slab style break
-pillar beded to action
- 30 pieces of brand new lapua brass
- stock has been textured and barreled action Cerakote in black

Action was modified to work with this magazine system cycles 4 inch rounds very well. The price of the rifle does include custom dies. But they r not made yet. Buyer will fire 5 rounds 2/times to fully fire form the brass. Then send the fired brass to Whidden where I will pay for the dies to get made. These are awesome dies and set is a bushing die and micro seated die. Rifle will come in a case for shipping. From private party to FFL.

Price 4550 shipped I am loosing money.

Kasey

Attachments

• IMG_4693.jpg
    IMG_4693.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9751.jpg
    IMG_9751.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5461.jpg
    IMG_5461.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1855.jpg
    IMG_1855.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4173.jpg
    IMG_4173.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 9
What's the speed suppose to be on that??!

How would one fire a case more than once with out die's?
5 case's fired twice? Am I getting that right?
Alright have good one!

U could fire them once if u wanted. My other improve didn't fully fire form till 2/firings. I have a pair of regular lapua dies. U just neck size the brass and fire again. Its real easy. Speed depends on how much u want to push it. 2850-2900 is a fair estimate. My old improved is a little over 2900fps with a 300 grain bullet. Hope that takes care of questions

Kasey

I have a 338AX (another version on an improved). We can all agree when you resize you are either decreasing body diameter (FL sizing) or bumping the shoulder back and increasing neck tension. Most improved cases will eliminate most of the case taper and increase shoulder angle, I can fire mine twice without any sizing due to it "fire forming" then relaxing and it will still chamber without any issues. Remember these rounds aren't purposed for accuracy so getting neck tension proper isn't that relivent. Kasey may be able to explain better. Perfect hunting rig Kasey!!

If you resize in a regular Lapua die it WILL size it back down to it's original size, totally defeating the purpose. Unless the chamber has a very tight neck you will have to get the neck sized to hold the bullet for the second firing.
If you have the Finish Chamber Reamer Print, that would be the easiest.
Simply send John a copy and tell him what you want.
Copied from John's website:

We can make customs dies for you to match your exact specifications for .20 cal and larger. We offer custom sizers, seaters, & sets. Simply provide your chamber reamer print or three pieces of fired brass and we can get your dies underway.

Dave

This is not what I was told by my last gunsmith. This was the exact thing I did with my last improved. Frankly all 3 of my improved. Reamer print will get you close. But he prefers fired cases to reamer prints!

Kasey

If buyer wants I will shoot the rifle and get the brass sent off to get the dies made. I have no problem doing this. This will be a very nice 300 grain hammer for someone

Kasey

Alright.. 4200 shipped.. Dies are now not included. U can buy them on your own I will provide reamer print if u want to go that route. This is a smoking deal on a very nice rifle.

Kasey

BUMP with last price drop. $4000 for rifle and brass only. I'm loosing close to 900 in this. My loss your gain no wait time ELR rifle

Kasey

Need to sell I know someone could use this instead of waiting for a rifle build!! Someone buy it before I shoot it!!!!

Kasey

Haha. I couldn't agree with you more. I'll send you my address......:)

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.