• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS: 30" Cannon Polished Nickel

My uncles had maybe a 2" bore and were into civil war reenactments and every year they would blast it off for the 4th of July maybe 20 times and with the last shot they would leave the plunger in and shoot way down by the creek about 300 yds. It was mounted like you expect from those days as a portable battery.
My question is what does the barrel itself weigh?

They are fun. I have one as well, built from heavy wall hydraulic seamless steel mandrel drawn pipe. Mine shoots anything you ram down on top of the wadding. I've shot ball bearings, nails, marbles. gravel, old nuts and bolts, it will toss anything with authority and recoil. Mine jumps about 2 feet back and about a foot up with a boom that hurts your ears.

Hope you sell it. Sorry about the post, I've been watching yours with interest.

They are fun. I have one as well, built from heavy wall hydraulic seamless steel mandrel drawn pipe. Mine shoots anything you ram down on top of the wadding. I've shot ball bearings, nails, marbles. gravel, old nuts and bolts, it will toss anything with authority and recoil. Mine jumps about 2 feet back and about a foot up with a boom that hurts your ears.

Hope you sell it. Sorry about the post, I've been watching yours with interest.

Yah I have 4 of these cannons just trying to sell one to fund another project, they are alot of fun.. I may list my other one that shoots golf balls, and whichever sells first then I will keep the other one.. I gotta get some pics up though!!

I lit mine off at the gun club one time and was told not to bring it back. I'm relegated to the back 40 now.

Great way to 'get rid' of old junk nails and such. Blow 'em down range.....

I lit mine off at the gun club one time and was told not to bring it back. I'm relegated to the back 40 now.

Great way to 'get rid' of old junk nails and such. Blow 'em down range.....

Which is lame, u come to shoot, well who cares stand behind the firing line and let it rip.. Gun is a gun, they both use powder, and technically speaking a firearm is more dangerous than a cannon anyways

FS Golf ball cannon...1800 plus shipping

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 8
Thats cute. I bet Arnold Palmer would love it....lol

Does the blow back supression work or is it show???

Problem with a golf ball is the ball comes back as fast as it goes out, if it hits a solid object downrange.....:)

Boooooooooong.

Yah doubt it will be coming back right at you unless you are trying to hit something at 10 -50 yds away.. If you know what I mean

Aiming mine is relative, it's a relative exercise in futility. Being a smooth bore and shooting scrap it's like a scattergun.