Frustrating Day

Reelamin

Have not been able to hunt much this year. Normally 2-3 days a week and some weeks not one day/* this year. Pick my favorite quail spot and just me and Lincoln. Figure on I will have my limit in an hour two tops. Don't call neighbor for permission because I am confident wont need to go that far. Yeah well the farmer totally changed the crop lay out and yep they went where I had not gotten permission. Only 3 birds in 2.5hrs, and there were probably 100-150 over on the ground I failed to ask. So, when a cripple went into the rocks I was not going to let Lincoln down and I dug that sucker out. Then when in town waiting a bunch landed on the fence. Lincoln had a super rough day today. Your pup ever have those days when its time to load up and they wont budge?

Attachments

• IMG_5036.JPG
    IMG_5036.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_5026.JPG
    IMG_5026.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 129
  • IMG_5031.JPG
    IMG_5031.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_5039.JPG
    IMG_5039.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_5047.JPG
    IMG_5047.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 124
Good looking pup. How old? Sounds like he has good pray drive
He turned three this fall. I just use pup....as a term of endearment for a working dog. Not a super big guy just the right size. Geese make him work hard and he gets it done just not like picking up a duck or bird.

My dogs have that uncanny ability to realize when it's just a bad bird day. I feel like I let them down and didn't put them in the right spot. They are always ready to work and are fueled by the flush. On days there are no/little flushes seems like one big dog park to explore. Keep at it and show off that pup.