Front Sight.

Kgkimerer

I put a Lyman front sight on my Marlin 39 for silhouette. However, to zero it, and to keep my right sight(Marble's Tang) from using all of its traverse, I have a drastic drift to the right. Is this going to be a problem?
20210919_161802[1138].jpg

I am not a pro, but I would put front sight back to center of bore looking from front and believe your Marbles tang sight should have windage
adjustment to fix your issue. If doesn't fix then need to look for issues with front or rear sight being misaligned with bore. Your pic of front sight is pretty extreme.

Doesn't , buy far, look like it is centered on the barrel. Is this to go over the original blade front sight??? Can you take more pictures of what it looked like to begin with and several different angles??? My 336 has a "Hood" that slides over the front Blade. Please send additional pictures.

Thanks
Len & Jill

It replaces the original blade, which was centered. The original blade was well centered. I just replace it with a Lyman and a Marble tang.Puzzles me. Why the huge offset?

It replaces the original blade, which was centered. The original blade was well centered. I just replace it with a Lyman and a Marble tang.Puzzles me. Why the huge offset?
Something is not set up correctly. Take some more pictures of what you have and also give the model # of the new sight. I'll look it up and maybe find a solution.
len & Jill

I may be seeing wrong, but what I see is the rear tang sight sitting way to right side of action with lots space on the left. Not centered. Amazing what 1\16" offset can do especially if you have 39 with long barrel.

Again I would reset front sight center of bore and then use rear windage to see if you have enough adjustment. I see that you rear tang sight is centered in pic. The extreme thing to do would be to correct screw holes in the tang of action.
Hopefully you have enough adjustment. The 39's are great rifles especially with nice trigger job.
Sold mine years ago and really should have kept it.

I know Marlin is under new ownership. I would at least ask if they will fix. If not will run you some $ to fix correctly.

Maybe someone can chime in if have better fix.

After little research you should post your issue on ASSRA.org forum. Found post about holes being drill off enter and different fixes.