Front Rail and Stud Options

Full Curl

Next question on my 270WSM build. I'm using an HS Precision Pro Series stock that has a rear and front swivel stud. I'm going to have flush cups installed but also want to keep the swivel studs. Should I have the flush cups installed on the left or center or both? What's the advantage and/or disadvantage to either left or center? I'm a RH shooter.

I shoot with a lever clamp Atlas bipod so would like to have a small pic rail on the front of the stock. Is there a way to have a small front pic rail with a swivel stud either installed in the rail itself or in the stock? Would this even leave room for a center flush cup up front?

I know Badger makes this… are there other ones that include the actual stud or better options out there?

Thank you!

Put a stud in the rail's flush cup maybe?

I just changed the front of my strap to a QD and put it directly into the pic rail behind my bipod. I have an accu-shot rail, about 4" long.

Last edited:
Thanks. Just to clarify... you changed the front of your sling strap to a flush cup stud adapter like in your link and you have a flush cup installed in your stock under or behind your accu-shot rail?

I'm having a hard time picturing it in my head... would you be able to post a photo of your installed rail?

Thank you!

No sling studs here. They were replaced with cap screws to hold the pic rail on, then I put a QD on the sling. Bipod mounts over the sling QD, it looks like they're tight but they're not really. The bipod pivot lever flips up (relative to the picture) to loosen. I don't know if people consider the rail to be mounted backwards, but the other way didn't seem to make any sense.

The link was something to put into the hole on the pic rail if you wanted to maintain a sling stud instead of putting a QD on the sling. I didn't see a point to keeping any studs when the rail had a flush cup in it already.
IMG_0582.jpg
IMG_0581.jpg

Last edited:
If you want a stud style they make rail with hole in end for QD.Thats what I have,might be Seekings

No sling studs here. They were replaced with cap screws to hold the pic rail on, then I put a QD on the sling. Bipod mounts over the sling QD, it looks like they're tight but they're not really. The bipod pivot lever flips up (relative to the picture) to loosen. I don't know if people consider the rail to be mounted backwards, but the other way didn't seem to make any sense.

The link was something to put into the hole on the pic rail if you wanted to maintain a sling stud instead of putting a QD on the sling. I didn't see a point to keeping any studs when the rail had a flush cup in it already.
Thank you! The photos helped a lot. Yes, that looks like a pretty good setup. Assuming with a set up like that there's still room for a flush cup to be installed on the left side of the front rail as well just for an added option. Thanks again for the photos!

Thanks for the replies. I have a much better idea on available options now. And just for safety purposes, a flush cup with QD is as safe as a standard traditional stock anchored stud for sling carrying correct? Thank you!

This works very well, I've used a couple of them. Easy to install even for a menace with tools such as myself. Installs where your current sling stud is mounted. Tailpiece maintains a spot for sling if desired.

I didn't know Ken (livetohunt) makes one or I would likely have used his. A solid citizen, with good machine skills.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.