• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

(From well known member) Nightforce NXS 2.5-10 or 5.5-22

lamiglas

For an 11ish pound build trying to decide between a 2.5-10 or a 5.5-22x50. I know theres a big difference between the two. I love the 5.5-22's and even though its heavier I am really considering it for this build. I like the size and balance of the 2.5-10 better but I am concerned I will be disappointed in the power range? I have been watching for sale ads and may just decide based on which scope I find the best deal on first. I am only interested in NPR1 or Moar/ Moar T reticles. I am really only interested in buying from a well known member or a person a well known member can vouch for.

Eurooptic has MOA versions in stock. Might call them for their best price.

Thanks for the replies guys. I did get some great prices from euro optics, sports optics and camera land. Just thought I would see if anyone on the forum was looking to to sell one first. As far as the 3.5-15 goes...I did consider this. However, since its the same or similar to the size and weight of the 5.5-22 I decided if I went that size/weight, I will probably just go with the 5.5-22. Have a great day!

I have a 2.5-10 and a 5.5-22 MOAR and have had a 3-15. I grew up using a 10x fixed so the smaller scope is ok on my 308. It is lightweight and seems to track well (100 yards). That said the eye box on the 2.5-10 is not very forgiving and the reticle seems smaller. Will work for my area as all shots have been on the lowest setting. I wanted NF ruggedness in a lighter weight, it fits that bill.

If going for a long range rifle, I would go 5.5-22 all day. For the weight/price the 3-15 was not worth it to me. You can always, dial down, but when you run out, you're out.

That said, I have a Gen 1 Razor I am getting ready to list, but those are tanks.

Not sure if you are on the snipershide forum. Someone's got one listed on there. I have no affiliation. Just saw it while browsing on there.

I am not a member there, but thanks for the heads up. What was he asking?