Freedom arms vs BFR on accuracy 454 casull

I picked up a lightly used FA M83 in 454 about 2 years ago. I only paid $1100 so I think I got a good deal. It was made in the 90's and it looked very lightly used so I was pleased when I got it. I found out why it looked new when I made my first range trip - it hurt to shoot. Now I'm not recoil sensitive and I have a 4" S&W 500 and it had more recoil than the 500.

I sent it off to Magnaport and had it ported, along with an action job and it was well worth it. It made a world of difference and it's a great revolver. I have a chest rig that allows me to snap a leather piece under the hammer and I carry it with 5.

I can't say I've ever fired for groups but I have dropped a feral hog at 95 yards with it. I've never fired to 200 but I'm sure it would do it. I'd stick with FA and I'd buy used. If you watch Gunbroker and take your time you can find a good deal.
That is what I plan on doing. Thank you

I just bought a new model ruger super blackhawk bisley 3 weeks ago and it is not worth 2 cents. It is over-bored and I do not care for smith. I had a x frame 500 mag for several years. I am looking for which of the two revolvers( freedom arms or bfr) are the most accurate.

I've owned both & could not tell a measurable difference between the two in Regards to accuracy.

Just installed the trijicon rmr 1 moa dot size.

Attachments

• 20200821_135139.jpg
    20200821_135139.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 202
Late in this discussion I know.
I shot several buddies FA's over the years, but never shucked out the coin for one. I spent a lot on other wheel guns trying to get them to shoot as well as FA. It can be done but why.
It now have five and am pretty happy camper!
As mentioned above, cry once.
Do as I say not as I did, don't wait long in life to own an FA.
25+ years of playing with all sorts of handguns, I have run across exactly one individual that had any bad to say about them that went unresolved by FA, and I question that.

The 45 Colt cylinder is a good move on your part. The 454 is good, but I find it a bit obnoxious. I can load 45 Colt up to levels I find tough ;-).

Thank you! I have purchased a Hunter, Vaquero and a Super Blackhawk in .44 since I made the offer. PM me details and maybe I will add to my collection.

Thank you! I have purchased a Hunter, Vaquero and a Super Blackhawk in .44 since I made the offer. PM me details and maybe I will add to my collection.
I can't seem to figure out how to pm you. I don't have the drop down menu to be able to message you. Can you message me so maybe I will be able to reply?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts