Free Recoil calculation spreadsheet

browndcm

I created this Excel file several years ago.

Input the weight of the rifle, bullet and powder charge, add the bullet velocity, stir well and it spits out the ft-lbs of recoil.

Click on the link below to download the Excel file.
I downloaded to my phone but does not take an entry Maybe try my laptop
Any suggestions
Regards

floyd kittrell

Input the weight of the rifle, bullet and powder charge, add the bullet velocity, stir well and it spits out the ft-lbs of recoil.

Thank you Mr. Len . Floyd

Mike Matteson

Nice! Thanks and I down loaded it.

Hugnot

Here is one I did recently. Math shown on task bar.
Screenshot (244).png

Hugnot

Need more info on workings for Powder/gas velocity - sort of fuzzy on that - jet effect.

M-S apparently has a new procedure for sharing excel workings & this involves sending a link to other selected email addresses, having access to M-S office, to allow access to excel files for only viewing, viewing/modification or down-load for off-line work. Time limits may also be imposed. I use Apache open office software (free) and down-load M-S office excel spread sheets to my file list to work with Apache open office off-line. Spread sheets may be sent back to M-S office by clicking on excel ID'd spread sheets found under 'documents". The nice M-S man, having temp control of my machine, patiently guided me thru the process. Just under $7 per month for M-S office subscription, not that bad.

Spread sheets are sure useful for shooting. Thank-you.

Mike Matteson

Here is one I did recently. Math shown on task bar.View attachment 311680
1 item that I am not sure of: Powder/gas velocity, ft per sec. 5200. Question is that a standard on Powder/gas velocity. In all my years loading I hadn't either looked at that or wasn't aware of that. It makes senses, but kind of lost me. The formal is easies enough to understand and set up.