Free Hog Hunting or Free Lodging

gun)

That's right either FREE hog hunting or FREE lodging in West Texas around a 115 acre milo field with headed grain. $50.00 /day/person for either lodging or hunting.

Call 806-469-5212 and VERY politely ask Mary Jo if you can speak to Glenn about hog hunting.

You better act quick the milo will not last long!!! The hogs are eating it up!!!!!

gun) :D

they are hard on crops helicopter is the best way to fix them.

I would love to go on one of these hog hunting adventures, but, the price of fuel to get there from Montana would be the only thing that would hole Me back, or, is holding Me back
Another thing would be to have to haul a deepfreeze to get the meat home without it spoiling, and, then packing along a generator plant to keep the freezer chilled down.
My Son has a small acreage here and raises pigs and I love that meat. Would the wild hogs meat taste about the same ???
BACON !!!! I loves Meee some BACON !!!

I would love to go on one of these hog hunting adventures, but, the price of fuel to get there from Montana would be the only thing that would hole Me back, or, is holding Me back
Another thing would be to have to haul a deepfreeze to get the meat home without it spoiling, and, then packing along a generator plant to keep the freezer chilled down.
My Son has a small acreage here and raises pigs and I love that meat. Would the wild hogs meat taste about the same ???
BACON !!!! I loves Meee some BACON !!!

Marty,

An old bore can smell & taste strong but our wild hogs are all descendants of domestic stock so the taste differences would generally be limited to the change in diet. In Florida ranchers will often trap, castrate & release wild piglets so the adult bores will taste better.

With a big cooler & some dry ice, there would be no need to haul a freezer & generator. That said, if I had a freezer on my truck & was headed out hog hunting, I would be looking to take SEVERAL of these critters!

Marty,

An old bore can smell & taste strong but our wild hogs are all descendants of domestic stock so the taste differences would generally be limited to the change in diet. In Florida ranchers will often trap, castrate & release wild piglets so the adult bores will taste better.

With a big cooler & some dry ice, there would be no need to haul a freezer & generator. That said, if I had a freezer on my truck & was headed out hog hunting, I would be looking to take SEVERAL of these critters!
six or eight`d be goooiod.gun):D
Now for enough fuel to get there.:rolleyes:

I called a couple months ago and spoke with Mary Jo and she said that since they've had a drought for the past three years, they haven't seen many if any hogs in the past year. She said to call back in December to see if they had gotten much moisture.

I called her tonight and they haven't gotten much. So until they get a series of storms down there I don't think there will be much luck.

There are a few local hot spots but for the most part the population has taken a nose dive. I went from shooting 40 per week to just a few a year. With the PED virus just around the corner I doubt that the population will start increasing in the near future.

I miss shooting them but I don't miss the damage.

Do you have any suggestions for places to shoot them cheap or free? I was planning on going down during my final Christmas and/or Spring Break this year, and coming from Wisconsin I had to do a fair amount of planning.

Where about is this area, myself and a few buddies are headed to Rock Springs the 1st part of Feb. to try to get a few hogs. Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.