free ballistic calculator

Russ M

what is a good free ballistic calculator in metric or imperial. are the ones you have to pay for better, how are they better, and were do you buy them.
your help and advice is greatly Appreciated

hi,

the best is Exbal,or Nightforce.
the only limitation with this two is if you have a variable power scope in 2nd plan, the software will not gave you the holdover for different power zoom.
so you have to stai with the factory calibration power.

you can buy the exbal fRom Perry. just google perry - exbal

thank you both when i can aford it i will definatly be buying one of thous in the mean time thank you for the free one

Hi Russ,

Question, What do you expect from the Ballistic Software to do?
I can give you a Excell base ballistic software what I developed myself for my PDA base device, and works GREAT.
I have 2 different version (1 for Giving you the drop in clicks and holdover in MOA), and the second version to give you the clicks and Hold over in MILDOT.

Both software give you as a bonus the drop holdover for ANY POWER SCOPE ZOOM. All you have to do is input the True Power factory scope value, and then, in another field input the desire Power Scope what do you want to use and = you have the clicks or holdover in MOA or MILDOT at that power.

I know the frustation of not finding someting free to have this option.
I could not find on the market one easy software to do this, not even the Exbal too. So I came with this 2 spreadsheets (MOA and MILDOT).

If you really need I can send you the link.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.