Fred Sherman alias fish

esox

Lived in No. Wis. for thirty some years and was the local musky guru.You may use fishing tackle but you HUNT muskies. Since I was pretty successful at it. I got the nickname Fish. The passions in my life have always been hunting and fishing. I retired in southern Missouri and since its quite a ways to go to find muskies here I just hunt. Rifles have been a part of me since my preteen years and I have reloaded them most of my life, at first because it was cheaper, but as I progressed I found that individual rifles seemed to perform best with different loads. I have an old 760 30 06 with a peep sight that is the only gun I am comfortable with in the brush. I also load it down a little as it kicks like a mule. My other rifles are all 7mms My go to all around rifle is a 7mm 08 It is a nail driver. I like 139 grSSTs at around 2900fps it is a nail driver and very reliable out to 400yds I usually prefer my Rem 7mm Mag. with 168 grain bergers when I go west even if you can only put two cartridges in it because of their length they are more devastating at longer ranges

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.