Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Case Prep and Trim Center

Peotone Joe

I'm thinking about buying the Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Case Prep and Trim Center mainly for trimming. Is it as easy to use and does it work like they advertise???

I'm thinking about buying the Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Case Prep and Trim Center mainly for trimming. Is it as easy to use and does it work like they advertise???
I have one and I like it. I got it in a package deal with a press and lots of powder/primers, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bought it alone.

I haven't figured out how to measure the trim depth accurately the first time, so I trim, measure, turn depth, and repeat until it's at the chosen length. Probably not the most efficient, especially if you're doing small batches of several cartridge. Overall, it's satisfactory.

I have one and I like it. I got it in a package deal with a press and lots of powder/primers, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bought it alone.

I haven't figured out how to measure the trim depth accurately the first time, so I trim, measure, turn depth, and repeat until it's at the chosen length. Probably not the most efficient, especially if you're doing small batches of several cartridge. Overall, it's satisfactory.
Thanks for the in put. I just did almost 700 - 223 cases and 200 - 7mm mags with the Hornady with Hornady Cam-Lock Case Trimmer with the power attachment but it takes a long time to get them done... Im looking for a faster and easier way. It sounds like the Frankford will do the trick....

My only additional recommendation is to line up a spare cutter blade or two so that when the one they supplied gets dull, you don't have to stop and wait for a fresh one. It uses a fairly common cutter that you can get online from many places.

I own several case trimmers including Giraud, WFT, Henderson, Forster, etc., but still have one of these I received as a gift and find it very quick and flexible to run. In fact, I have turned around and gifted several to folks who were starting into reloading.

My only additional recommendation is to line up a spare cutter blade or two so that when the one they supplied gets dull, you don't have to stop and wait for a fresh one. It uses a fairly common cutter that you can get online from many places.

I own several case trimmers including Giraud, WFT, Henderson, Forster, etc., but still have one of these I received as a gift and find it very quick and flexible to run. In fact, I have turned around and gifted several to folks who were starting into reloading.
I will definitely buy 1 or 2 extras when I get one... Thanks

I bought one about eight years ago.It is the best prep tool I own.I used to hate case prep,now it's fast and easy.With this tool,I can do the four prep steps at a rate of about one case per 12 seconds.After resizing,I trim,chamfer,deburr,clean primer pockets,then put them in my tumbler for an hour or two.After that I bag and tag them as ready to load.The trimmer works great,as well as the other prep tools.One thing I learned using the trimmer is,it let's you know when your brass is getting hard and needs to be annealed.If your brass is getting too hard,you can feel it as well as hear it.It makes you aware of the importance of keeping your brass segregated by the number of times fired.Keeping your brass consistent helps with accuracy.

I bought one about eight years ago.It is the best prep tool I own.I used to hate case prep,now it's fast and easy.With this tool,I can do the four prep steps at a rate of about one case per 12 seconds.After resizing,I trim,chamfer,deburr,clean primer pockets,then put them in my tumbler for an hour or two.After that I bag and tag them as ready to load.The trimmer works great,as well as the other prep tools.One thing I learned using the trimmer is,it let's you know when your brass is getting hard and needs to be annealed.If your brass is getting too hard,you can feel it as well as hear it.It makes you aware of the importance of keeping your brass segregated by the number of times fired.Keeping your brass consistent helps with accuracy.
Thanks for the input. 12 seconds a round is excellent time. It takes me 2 times that for a case. I think the next time MidwayUSA has it on sale I will buy one. My 7mm mag and 308 brass I anneal every time I shoot them and the 223 brass is about every 4th time I shoot.

Thanks for the in put. I just did almost 700 - 223 cases and 200 - 7mm mags with the Hornady with Hornady Cam-Lock Case Trimmer with the power attachment but it takes a long time to get them done... Im looking for a faster and easier way. It sounds like the Frankford will do the trick....
If you're doing larger runs of the same cartridge, I think it will work great for you. I do runs of 20-50 per cartridge, so there's more set up and measuring time for me. But it's still handy.

If you're doing larger runs of the same cartridge, I think it will work great for you. I do runs of 20-50 per cartridge, so there's more set up and measuring time for me. But it's still handy.
I do mine about once a year. I'll shoot until Oct and then I hunt til the end January and then start the process all over again..... I'm definitely going to get one sometime this year....

Recent Posts