Frankenstud Sling Keeper

ssssnake529

I've used a Kifaru gun bearer to carry my rifle.

Not too long ago, I switched to this device:

https://www.facebook.com/slingkeepe...ywF0rXaXyciLLz-tk8mCXrtleZlbvzwyohGBE8mjzBxds

It's a simple stud that affixes to your backpack shoulder strap. It keeps the rifle sling in place.

I use a rubber rifle sling, which is itself already pretty secure. With the addition of this stud, it's pretty bomber. The rifle flops around less than with my gunbearer, and is instantly accessible.

I used this on an Arizona javelina hunt last month, and don't think I will be going back to the gunbearer. This is so much simpler.

Only hard part was getting enough courage to poke a hot nail through my pack strap. Turns out, it worked fine. Took 5 minutes to complete the installation.

Could it get in the way when shouldering the rifle?

Added: and at only $45, there are similar devices on eBay for $9 and amazon for $15 that just clip on...wonder how they compare.

Last edited:
I too use the Slogan sling and think highly of it. I've had one for several years with no issues or complaints.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.