foxpro

ryhailey

Currently I have the fx3 I am curious to know if it is worth the upgrade to the fury or even the prairie blaster or am I set with the fx3 what are the advantages and disadvantages? Thanks

Ryhailey,
I think this decision depends on your needs. If the FX3 doesn't have enough storage for the various sounds you want to use then perhaps an upgrade is warranted. If you don't have the volume you feel you need and don't want to bother with an auxilary speaker maybe another reason/excuse. Or, even if you feel you absolutely want the best unit available then go for it.
I can tell you from my experience with the Fury, I don't use anymore than 20 sounds but it is "nice" to know I have the capability to use the 100 it came with, not to mention the other sounds I purchased. I do all of my hunting just south of you and the volume is plenty given the terrain I'm in. The remote is cool, but it is sometimes cumbersome to remember and use all the features when you have coyotes coming in. The adrenaline takes over and I'm usually only focused on one thing. That's when I wish I had a large mute button only. But hay, if it's only money to you and you won't be happy unless you get a higher end model ...........break open the piggy bank and be happy. The FX3 IMHO is more than enough unit to satisfy 95% of all hunting situations the average joe is going to see in this sport. Stepping off of my soap box now. Good hunting to you!

Kevin

Check out the new Foxpro Firestorm, it replaced the FX3. It has two preset sounds, the new remote and comes with 50 sounds. I think they retail for $420.00.

Having preset sounds is great. My first Foxpro was a FX5 and it didn't take me long to realize how important four preset sounds at the volume I wanted was.

When I got my Fury I didn't think I could remember 10 preset sounds. After a while I figured out a system to help me remember my preset sounds.

The CS-24 is another great Foxpro caller that costs less than the Fury and it has many of the great features that the Fury has.

i think you will be fine with your FX3. i have the XR6 and am fine with that. since you didn't note any dislikes or wishes about your FX3 i don't think you have a problem with that model, just want a new toy?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.