Foxpro Spitfire or Foxpro Firestorm

joe_25-06

I am currently looking at either a foxpro spitfire or firestorm. I am unsure which to choose. I am hunting in Minnesota and am in a location where their is not much long wide open spaces. So that has me thinking the spitfire. Just looking for feedback on the spitfire and the firestorm.

I am currenly using a Johnny Stewert electronic caller and am extremly disatified with it. the stewert call has worked for me but it has only 5 sounds and I need a little varity in my calling. I also have a few cottontail distress handcalls but they freeze up on me pretty bad.
progress.gif

either one will do great. I run the Fury and love it. calling partner owns the CS24, but you don't need the volume so much there.

Get some open reed hand calls as well. great tool for the gear box. very versatile and make multitude of sounds on them. from howls, barks, pup distress, bleats, cottontail, etc. very valuable to have !

I agree with Sendero Man...either will work for you. There's no free luch however so the money you spend on the Firestorm will get you quite a number of additional features. There is more volumn if you ever need it and I believe the sound quality is significantly better with the Firestorm. The remote has presets for your favorite sound plus your FOXBANG sound that plays automatically when you fire. (FB got me an extra coyote in the truck just yesterday.) And, you can put 200 sounds in your Firestorm if you'd like. Do you need the extra features to kill coyotes? No. But, they are nice if you don't mind spending the extra cash on your caller. I'm also with Sendero Man on the Fury. So far, its the go-to caller for me. It doesn't have FOXBANG but I like the Fury remote better overall.

Thanks for the feedback guys. If I didn't have a make a 500 buck truck payment evey month I would easily spend the extra cash and get a spendier one but work is slow for me. I will check out the fury call.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.