Fox Pro, Lucky Duck, or Icotec

Zen Archery

I've been running Primo's Alpha Dog for probably 8 years. Need next big boy caller. I know but once cry once.
FPX24 seems to be top end mode but does it truly get distance it advertises? (I thermal hunt at night. Literally stand middle of field. Need to make sure it will truly go beyond 150 yards).

Lucky Duck Revolt had interesting features but how is sound quality?

Icotec seems to be most affordable. Willing to spend cash for the Coy dogs.

What should I run 2023?

I have the first two models (Gen 1 300 and the Gen 2 500) of Icotec and called in several coyotes. The remote range is wonderful. I had the Steve Criner recommended e-caller but lost the remote and the factory said each caller is syncronized to that one single caller and I was SOL. So I bought the Lucky Duck Revolt as used on the Coyote Assasins you tube channel. I have been very happy with the Lucky Duck. It is LOUD, I can call multiple directions and it came with a multitude of extra sounds when I bought it from Rick Pallete. The Lucky Duck has a built in decoy. I feel that I have brought in more coyotes from longer distances with the Lucky Duck but the Icotec is still a very good caller that I use as a backup. The Icotec has 200 sounds iirc. The Icotec hangs nicely on a fence wire or branch. I had to make a fence post adapter for the Lucky Duck.

i use the ICOtec GEN2 GC500, on foxs here in the uk, we dont have many coyotes only in Zoo,s so i know very little about them, the ICOtec GEN2 GC500 has a great remote range but im a little deaf and dont know if its calling or not, with my cheaper u-caller which only has a 80-100yd range it has a flashing small red light which i can see through my scope letting me know its working, when i contacted icotec to maybe ask why they have not included this on their calls i was told the red light would frighten what im shooting, i shoot 1000s of foxs and replied he was talking rubbish as ive had the u-caller snatched off the stick dozens of times over the years and had to take a running shot to get the caller back once, Another thing the icotec is useless if you lose your remote or the batteries in the remote dies on you, but the remote range is good hope this helps someone. stay safe

I've been running Primo's Alpha Dog for probably 8 years. Need next big boy caller. I know but once cry once.
FPX24 seems to be top end mode but does it truly get distance it advertises? (I thermal hunt at night. Literally stand middle of field. Need to make sure it will truly go beyond 150 yards).

Lucky Duck Revolt had interesting features but how is sound quality?

Icotec seems to be most affordable. Willing to spend cash for the Coy dogs.

What should I run 2023?
I love my lucky duck super revolt. The only complaint I have about it it is very big.

Last edited:
Size means weight on my Revolt which can weigh on me if I make a bunch of stands in a day,but seem to not notice as much if the are trying to run over the call
image.jpg

Weight is not too bad of a problem I use the sly dog chair with a huge pouch for hunting coyotes. Everything fits in the pouch.

Get you one of these to go along with a FPX24 and you will be done for the remainder of your calling career.

I bought a CS-24 probably 10 - 12 yrs ago, it's still my go to cold windy open prairie caller, I use a couple of cheaper Foxpro callers for small areas, like the inferno, but older with the foxbang technology.

The tail wagger is a game changer, it's so erratic, even the wariest coyote, fox or bobcat cannot resist.

Tail Wagger Enticer