Fox/Coyote Mouth Calls?

MasonG

I want to get into more mouth calling for fox in particular. Maryland is starting to get more coyotes now too so maybe I'll get one of them out. But anyway I was wondering what kind of custom mouth calls you all like? I know there are lots not sold by Bass Pro and Cabelas, but which ones are the best? Thanks everyone!

I don't own any custom calls per say. I have made a few simple modifications to the calls I've purchased. Honestly once you get to certain level say $15-$20 all calls of a given "sound range" if that makes sense will sound pretty much identical. A cottontail will be a cottontail regardless of who's made the call. My advice is to buy regular calls and just buy several instead of spend all that money on just one. Get a few closed reed as well as open reed calls and a howler or two and you have all your bases covered. You should be able to do this with only 4-5 calls and spend less than $100. Good luck and happy hunting

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.