Found "the one"

sniperjwt

After many hours at the range I finally found a load I'm happy with here is a pic
15ffc0ce.jpg

Oh sorry the dime was in the way in that picture:D

01e20108.jpg

That may be "the one", but you'll have to re-shoot it at extended ranges to determine that. Run it out to 300, and then 500 and let us know what it looks like out there.
Remember, a sub moa rifle is one that can repeat, and repeat, and repeat.
Keep testing and keep us posted.

Your exactly right Mr Russo that's why I am heading to a longer range this weekend and plan to streach the legs of it and see how well it does. I will keep everyone updated.

Well I don't know of anywhere in PA that is public that I can shoot long range so I'm going to my parents house in NC. There I can shoot anywhere from 1-1500 yards. Do you know anywhere in PA that I can shoot?

What primer are you using? Have you tried the powder and primer in cold weather yet? I am finding that RL17 needs a hot primer in the very cold weather. More so than some other powders, like Hunter. Good luck with your load.

Bob

Well I don't know of anywhere in PA that is public that I can shoot long range so I'm going to my parents house in NC. There I can shoot anywhere from 1-1500 yards. Do you know anywhere in PA that I can shoot?

Down town Grove City might work. It's a 1/2 way decent distance and with the buildings on both sides wind should be consistent. You could set your bench on the college lawn and shoot to the railroad tracks . At lunch time the street is pretty empty.:D:D

Also do a search for remote Forest Service landing strips. These are maintained an very infrequently used and are a great shooting range. Shoot with the wind so you won't get surprised..

Join Shippensburg Fish and Game. It's a very nice range with backstops to 800 yards here in So. Central PA. Membership cost is nominal. The club has a web site. I shoot there all the time.

Fitch

What primer are you using? Have you tried the powder and primer in cold weather yet? I am finding that RL17 needs a hot primer in the very cold weather. More so than some other powders, like Hunter. Good luck with your load.

Bob

useing Federal Match 210M primers. When i shot this group yesterday afternoon it was about 50 degrees with a 10mph head wind

Where do you live in PA?

As Fitch said, Shippensburg, Carlisle Springs, Mifflin County Sportsmans, New Holland, Reade Twp, just to name a few.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts