• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Found one, please delete

As the thread title states I'm looking to buy a Ruger 44 carbine.
Hunter Reed, in the last 6 months I have seen 12+ of them come into my shop. the last was Tuesday the 4th. yea, 4 days ago. I just called the guy and it was sold yesterday for $800.00. I called the other few that I got their phone numbers and they are all sold. I tried to get you one but when they are on the market they just do not stay there long. If you have not found one by the time I see the next one I will let you know.

Hunter Reed, in the last 6 months I have seen 12+ of them come into my shop. the last was Tuesday the 4th. yea, 4 days ago. I just called the guy and it was sold yesterday for $800.00. I called the other few that I got their phone numbers and they are all sold. I tried to get you one but when they are on the market they just do not stay there long. If you have not found one by the time I see the next one I will let you know.
Thanks for keeping an eye out for me, I appreciate it. I'm beginning to think I should just go with the model 77/44!

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me, I appreciate it. I'm beginning to think I should just go with the model 77/44!
Hunter; does your state have the straight all case restriction that you need the 44 mag? if so look into the 444 Marlin as well. it is a super star among levers. and you can really stop bears and pigs with the same cartridge. I own two of them. never want to be without one for pigs. I loaned one to a friend for bear last season and he now owns one set up like my 22" rifle.

hunter, I just remembered.. I have a pic of mine. top one is the guide gun and the bottom is the 22". absolute dreams to shoot and load for. just get 265 grain 44 mag/444marlin slugs or 290/300 grain hard cast and gas checked then have some dang fun with it. it can reach 300 yards but you probably will never need to go that far.

Attachments

• DSC_0025-1.jpg
    DSC_0025-1.jpg
    573.4 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC_0027-1.jpg
    DSC_0027-1.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 49
hunter, I just remembered.. I have a pic of mine. top one is the guide gun and the bottom is the 22". absolute dreams to shoot and load for. just get 265 grain 44 mag/444marlin slugs or 290/300 grain hard cast and gas checked then have some dang fun with it. it can reach 300 yards but you probably will never need to go that far.
No sir, we are free to use whatever we like during our rifle season as long as it's 243 or larger. I'm a bear hunter and have hounds, so I wanted something that was lightweight and handy especially in the laurel thickets.

Hunter, then I would suggest the 444 Marlin lever guide gun. the guide guns are nearly as light as the 44 Carbine from Ruger, I have one, Ruger 44 Mag. Carbine, myself. they hold as many rounds as the 44 carbine, and I have seen they are much more efective than the 44 magnum unless you are less than 20 feet from the bear then the 44 mag has not slowed down much. if I am bear hunting I am going to prefer the 444 Marlin over the 44 Magnum. hope you have luck in finding that illusive 44 Carbine.. if not, please take a really hard look at the 444 Marlin. it's much more available and it is much better on bear.

Hunter, then I would suggest the 444 Marlin lever guide gun. the guide guns are nearly as light as the 44 Carbine from Ruger, I have one, Ruger 44 Mag. Carbine, myself. they hold as many rounds as the 44 carbine, and I have seen they are much more efective than the 44 magnum unless you are less than 20 feet from the bear then the 44 mag has not slowed down much. if I am bear hunting I am going to prefer the 444 Marlin over the 44 Magnum. hope you have luck in finding that illusive 44 Carbine.. if not, please take a really hard look at the 444 Marlin. it's much more available and it is much better on bear.
I totally agree with you, however I always pack my Blackhawk 44mag with me in a shoulder holster and would like to keep just one box of ammo in my game vest to cut down on weight as well as clutter

Last edited: