Found dead Ram

Yes, but where do you draw the line?
Like them men in Montana the killed all those elk years ago. One of the bulls would have been in the books if he had been taken legally. You don't think they should have been sent to prison? They took those animals away from the rest of us that following the rules. That area was draw only, and they killed so many, it was closed to hunting for 5 years.
I don't know... if it is a honest mistake, I could be a little more forgiving.

The coveted governers tag for MT. I believe has gone for as much as $200,000.Mt has been thought to have the world record caliber bighorn

The coveted governers tag for MT. I believe has gone for as much as $200,000.Mt has been thought to have the world record caliber bighorn

cadimin mine governers permit usually is the most wanted sheep tag in northamerica & has been the highest paid for sheep tag i beleave,somewhere around 385,000$ us.they take 200+ rams there just about every year & there is world record rams living in the park right there.

The Ministers tag does go for some crazy money but the number of rams taken around the coal mine near Cadomin is no where near 200. There is a general season that runs from Aug 25 to the end Oct and then there is a draw for three short seasons in Nov when the rams become stupid due to the rut and some make the mistake of leaving the mine property. The three Nov seasons each have three tags issued for a total of 9. I don't know the exact numbers shot last year during the general season but I would guess its usually around 10-20 rams. Hunting is not allowed on the mine property.

The Ministers tag does go for some crazy money but the number of rams taken around the coal mine near Cadomin is no where near 200. There is a general season that runs from Aug 25 to the end Oct and then there is a draw for three short seasons in Nov when the rams become stupid due to the rut and some make the mistake of leaving the mine property. The three Nov seasons each have three tags issued for a total of 9. I don't know the exact numbers shot last year during the general season but I would guess its usually around 10-20 rams. Hunting is not allowed on the mine property.

i ment 200+ as in score of the sheep not rams killed sorry & the minister or Governor tag can hunt later than everybody else too so they can hunt into the rut.
YouTube - Bighorn the Monarch.mpg

In a 2009 type sting operation, A 204'' ram was shot in the breaks. I think the guy still has his tags, F& G undercover shot the ram, after missing on purpose first

In a 2009 type sting operation, A 204'' ram was shot in the breaks. I think the guy still has his tags, F& G undercover shot the ram, after missing on purpose first

Yea - and the guy has been to court at least 3 times on various charges for the same hunt and acquitted (Not quilty) on all charges. Biggest screw up by either our FWP, judge, jury or lawyers - maybe all.

the ram was indeed found in the mine site, apparently a cougar kill, i believe was aged at 13, will score very high in the books and from what i understand is in the hands of fish and wildlife for good. to bad..nice ram.

I still want to see a picture of the ram. I've seen the beautiful woman, but where is the ram?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.