Fort Dix, NJ

megastink

I live near Quakertown, pa and want to shoot 100-1,000 yards. I have heard of guys shooting at Fort Dix in NJ. Anyone have any experience? Is it free? Do you need an appointment? What are the exact ranges? Every bit helps! Thanks!

i lived in your area for many years (hilltown twp.) ive shot at ft dix years back
with a guard outfit i belonged to. im not aware of it being available to civilians. nor am i aware of 1000 yd facilities. but i could be wrong on both counts.
there is or at least was a private club very close to palm which is just west of q town. they had facilities up to 500 yds.
then of coarse there is the williamsport club which is actually about 20 miles
north near bodine.
from q town it would be about a 2 hr trip. but then ft dix would be also.

The max range a civilian can shoot on is 200yds. Look up Range 14 , NJ and you will get their info

Last edited:
Have to travel to the west somewhat... Williamsport, Pa has the 1000 yard range and Mifflin Co. sportsman near Lewistown, Pa has one to 1100 yards.. a two hour drive maybe for you...

Justreading posts and stumbled on this one. I shot at Fort Dix about 25 years ago. I was there with my then wife who was in the Navy and we were there on official business and I had a chance to use the Officers Club and range.

To the best of my recollection it was a maximum of 200 yards and I seem to remember that it wasn't open to civillians at that time. They have a first rate 'O' club there, however and good base housing. We used on base housing for the visit.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.