Forster CoAx

But did that "Ferrari" improve accuracy any? I hear what folks are saying about products that seem to be improved, better and etc. than a similar product, but is it really?
Well, my accuracy has improved since I started using it. That may be more due to improved techniques - both reloading and shooting - but I honestly do believe the press has helped. But, as Benman73 said, even if I thought accuracy was unchanged, the smooth operation and quick, easy die change would be enough reason for me to drop the extra $$ for one.

But did that "Ferrari" improve accuracy any? I hear what folks are saying about products that seem to be improved, better and etc. than a similar product, but is it really?
Yep, it really is...but even if it hadn't resulted in an improvement in the quality of my loads, as Benman73 said, the smoothness of operation and the ease/speed of changing dies would still make me happy to drop the extra $$ for it.

I looked for one for over 2 years. Didn't back order anywhere. I bought it from Graff's, when they had one in stock.
If you are loading 308 or smaller cartridges, get the short handle.. It gives you a lot more feel in the processes.

IMHO, I love my Forster for some operations, but have an RCBS Special 2 (old aluminum, but still sound and no slop) as well. There are some dies that fit better in the RCBS (super long seated bullets in my buddies 340 WBY, using a set of Forster Micrometer seating dies actually works better in the old cheap RCBS. Why? Cause you have to move the Co-Ax up a couple eights of an inch to engage the universal shell holder and by then, you have trouble getting the bullet up into the die with the sliding sleeve. Perhaps if you have a steady hand, but anyhow.

But the automatic shell holder is the cats meow for resizing, and seating generally. The coax really creates an even force, smoothly. Love it.

I tried the priming setup of the Co-ax. Sucks. Don't bother. I have a Lee primer that I use some, but honestly, I use the old priming setup on the RCBS Special2. Allows for really clear primer seating depth. I wash my hands to clear the fingers of oil, and really like that setup best of all.

At the end of the day, guess I am saying that no press is perfect. I have the co-ax bolted solid, for heavy work. The RCBS is on an old Lyman contraption that raises the press 8". And allows me to clamp the second press where ever on my bench I want it to live. I move it out of the way for storage, but front and center for priming and some seating work.

Dunno. I recently was tasked by a friend to put together a cheap setup. I could have went REALLY cheap, but snagged a Lee Cast Iron press off Amazon, scratch and dent (it had neither, but the box was kinda shot) for $149. I've not used it yet, but it looks and feels ROCK solid. And the precision where it matters seems to be there.

So on the conversation about the CoAx, I have always been a little hesitant about getting it with the universal shell holder. Universal anything to me always goes straight to sacrificing precision. Does anyone have any input on that? I have been producing ammunition i am very happy with out of my rock chucker since I started reloading 12 years ago. I just recently had the urge to get another press to speed things up a tad now that I have really upped the amount I shoot. The other I was considering was the T-7 turret but thats off topic of this thread.
T-7 all the way.I run 2 of them and wouldn't look back.

Will NOT be a money saver. BUT, when you find that perfect load…,heaven!
It's mostly about case prep. Learn what it takes to set sizing dies properly first; Erik Cortina is my favorite but he's a 1,000 yd PRS shooter. You may need different techniques or simply abbreviated ones, if all you are looking for is minute of moose accuracy at 400 yds. Field reliability and target level precision rarely like each other.
Erik is just recently a PRS shooter, But ultimately he is a world class F-Class shooter which is where his quest for precision ammo came from.

Last edited:
I doubt anyone is going to shoot the difference between reloading presses, at least the good ones. I enjoy my Forster for how easy it is to change dies and for how smooth it runs. Sold my old Dillon 550 years ago to buy the Forster and have been happy ever since.
^^^This. I don't know if the Co-Ax produces any more accuracy. But the shell holder, ease of changing dies and smoothness of the press wins for me every time.

I was using a older, well used, popular brand of press and getting inconsistent shoulder bumps and seating depths. Now, with the Co-ax all measurements are within 0.001 every time. This change did improve my accuracy and I no longer question that part of my reloading process. It gave me peace of mind and I really enjoy the smooth feel of using the correct tool for the job. Not saying other presses can't do the same thing. I do not use the priming station feature. I also go with everything Erik Cortina (That I can justify the price for). The Co-ax press is a one and done item for me… love it!