Forster CoAx

I put in for notification with Midway about a Forster Coax 3 months ago. 2 months later I received a notification and ordered. Since then I have been debating whether or not I shoot enough to dive into the reloading rabbit hole. With reloading components so hard to find I don't know what to do. I have contacted the lgs and he has no idea when he is getting primers, brass, dies or powder. I have started to view videos of using the press and am deciding on whether or not I want to order reloading manuals. Just received the Lyman catalog yesterday in the mail. Am looking for someone local to better understand the process before I proceed further. Put in notifications at sites that sell the press. That might help.

The UltimateReloader "gavintoobe" at YouTube did an extensive test of presses, "14 reloading Presses Compared". The RCBS Summit produced the ammo with the smallest run out dimensions.

So on the conversation about the CoAx, I have always been a little hesitant about getting it with the universal shell holder. Universal anything to me always goes straight to sacrificing precision. Does anyone have any input on that? I have been producing ammunition i am very happy with out of my rock chucker since I started reloading 12 years ago. I just recently had the urge to get another press to speed things up a tad now that I have really upped the amount I shoot. The other I was considering was the T-7 turret but thats off topic of this thread.

out of stock, I have an email in asking for potential lead times. Most of my replies are "we are unable to tell at this time." I am just trying to figure out is this a 2 month wait or a 10 month wait based on previous shipments.
Been waiting for mine from Optics Planet since
So on the conversation about the CoAx, I have always been a little hesitant about getting it with the universal shell holder. Universal anything to me always goes straight to sacrificing precision. Does anyone have any input on that? I have been producing ammunition i am very happy with out of my rock chucker since I started reloading 12 years ago. I just recently had the urge to get another press to speed things up a tad now that I have really upped the amount I shoot. The other I was considering was the T-7 turret but thats off topic of this thread.
look up Erik Cortinas videos. He has 2 presses; a motorized Dillon and a Forster. He doesn't lose a millimeter of accuracy with either.

I put in for notification with Midway about a Forster Coax 3 months ago. 2 months later I received a notification and ordered. Since then I have been debating whether or not I shoot enough to dive into the reloading rabbit hole. With reloading components so hard to find I don't know what to do. I have contacted the lgs and he has no idea when he is getting primers, brass, dies or powder. I have started to view videos of using the press and am deciding on whether or not I want to order reloading manuals. Just received the Lyman catalog yesterday in the mail. Am looking for someone local to better understand the process before I proceed further. Put in notifications at sites that sell the press. That might help.
Will NOT be a money saver. BUT, when you find that perfect load…,heaven!
It's mostly about case prep. Learn what it takes to set sizing dies properly first; Erik Cortina is my favorite but he's a 1,000 yd PRS shooter. You may need different techniques or simply abbreviated ones, if all you are looking for is minute of moose accuracy at 400 yds. Field reliability and target level precision rarely like each other.

Last edited:
Will NOT be a money saver. BUT, when you find that perfect load…,heaven!
Its mostly about case prep. Learn what takes to set sizing dies properly first; Erik Cortina is my favorite but he's a 1,000 yd PRS shooter. You may need different techniques or simply abbreviated ones if all you are looking for is minute of moose accuracy at 400 yds. Field reliability and target level prevision rarely like each other.
Good advice. Thanks.

I like my frankford arsenal m press. Look at it on Midwayusa site. you may be surprised when you put it in your cart. I almost fell off my chair. I know it is built in China, but at the price, I would have to suck it up.

The way the mechanics of the universal shell holder work, I feel it is more precise than the individual shell holders that slid into my old RCBS turret press. I haven't used every press out there, and my high end RCBS press did a good job, but operating the CoAx vs the RCBS is a little like driving a Ferrari after thinking a mustang was a great sports car (ok, no, I haven't driven a Ferrari, but I can imagine what it might be like!)

The way the mechanics of the universal shell holder work, I feel it is more precise than the individual shell holders that slid into my old RCBS turret press. I haven't used every press out there, and my high end RCBS press did a good job, but operating the CoAx vs the RCBS is a little like driving a Ferrari after thinking a mustang was a great sports car (ok, no, I haven't driven a Ferrari, but I can imagine what it might be like!)
But did that "Ferrari" improve accuracy any? I hear what folks are saying about products that seem to be improved, better and etc. than a similar product, but is it really?

I JUST saw this. Creedmoor sports just got a shipment. I canceled my order because I had one already. Try checking with them

I doubt anyone is going to shoot the difference between reloading presses, at least the good ones. I enjoy my Forster for how easy it is to change dies and for how smooth it runs. Sold my old Dillon 550 years ago to buy the Forster and have been happy ever since.