Forster CoAx press

Press is mounted to the bench now, it came with 2 crossbolt lock rings. After seeing how those work and looking at the fitment of the lock rings I was going to attemt to modify I have decided to bite the bullet and buy the Forster lock rings. The hex shaped lock rings just dont fit the press nearly as good and there is way more contact area with the round style. Though I did recieve sound advice here, I had to see for myself before spending my hard earned cash for them. Thanks to all who replied.

You will be very happy.... And accurate..

I would recommend putting a steel plate under the press, and one under the bench. Something at least .188" thick. I use .25" 1018 CRS, but even ten gauge or eight gauge plat will do the trick. I use a riser to set the press about six inches off the bench top, and I highly recommend them. How high is up to the user. I've used everything from four inches to eight inches.
gary

Got it covered...1/2" thick steel plate bolted to the bench then the 1/4-20 mounting bolts are tapped direct to the plate.

Its a metal desk. No way to get a plate under there with the bracing for the drawers. Its plenty strong, been loading on it for years.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts