Forster CoAx or Redding Ultramag????

Turdmucklydunn

I am buying a 338-378 Weatherby magnum and cannot use my old RCBS for reloading due to the length of the round. I am looking at a Forster CoAx or Redding Ultramag. I have never used neither and do not know anyone that has either. I am worried about the Forster producing accurate over all length due to the floating dies. Any thoughts or sudgestions would be appreciated. Thanks

I wouldn't worry about the accuracy of the Forester press. I shoot less than 0.05 MOA with ammo loaded on it for my 7STW and 338 EDGE. The floating die system is specifically why I bought it. I beleive the military snipers use this same press,but someone else in the know might verify that. I also like how easy it is to change dies. It takes literally 2 seconds.

Do not worry yourself about consistent OAL with the Forster. I have one and it does a great job. keep the plate where the cases sit nice and clean and this press makes nice straight ammo and is a breeze to change out dies.

I've been sitting on the same fence trying to figure out which press/die combination to purchase. The RCBS r*ckf*cker I wound up buying out of convenience would suit me fine as an anchor.

Most folks push the Lee collet dies over most probably because of $$. I'd be interested in what folks with the Forster press wind up using...

I use Forester dies, or Redding dies with Forester die rings. Doesn't get any better than that for what I do.

Unless you need something else, I like a Redding O-frame press. In this case, the Big Boss would serve well. Either Forster or Redding Competition dies are good. If you don't need a micrometer, the Forster BR seater works well.

Last edited:
Forster CoAx ???

I don't think you can genuinely find a better press for making very accurate ammo!!! and on top of that it will collect all the dirty used primers in a container completely out of your way. 2 sec. die switching and when you put them away there's absolutely no need to make any readjustments when you have to use them again. Truly an awesome press.

+2 or 3 for the co-ax

I have two co-ax presses one set for small cases and the other for large. the only other press i use is a dillon for large volume pistole rounds.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.