Forester co ax press

Buzzsaw

I ordered the inline mount, will post pics.

why do you still size on your Big Boss,? I was hoping the sizing operation would be easier on the CO-AX. I have a Big Boss II and sizing can sometimes be a chore

Remmy700

Well small stuff I will do on the co-ax but larger LA stuff I like to do on my Redding man. I feel that it has a little better leverage and sizes big stuff like 338 lapua, Norma etc a little easier than the coax. I am also running a shorter Handel on my co-ax so this might be a little self induced lol.

gohring3006

LRH Team Member
I agree with Remmy.
It’s just easier to size big cases with a o type press.
The CO AX will do it just fine, but I can make very strait ammo with either press, so I just size with my Rockchucker, my CO-AX is actually a Bonanza CO-AX, it’s loaded thousands of rounds. Now it enjoys a easy life seating bullets with about .002” neck displacement/“tension”. Lol

Remmy700

I agree with Remmy.
It’s just easier to size big cases with a o type press.
The CO AX will do it just fine, but I can make very strait ammo with either press, so I just size with my Rockchucker, my CO-AX is actually a Bonanza CO-AX, it’s loaded thousands of rounds. Now it enjoys a easy life seating bullets with about .002” neck displacement/“tension”. Lol
When it has done that many rounds and now only doing .002 neck tension bullet seating is kinda like one of them fancy retirement homes!

Buzzsaw

Ha ha thanks guys, I'm just .223, .22 Creedmoor , 6.5 Creedmoor, 7mm-08, .38/.357 so far.
Thinking about a ELR rifle build next, .300 PRC, etc.

Kansaswoodguy

I have a Co-ax,Redding T7 and RCBS Turret. I use the Co-ax the most no question. I can’t say I think it produces lower runout than the other presses but it’s a pleasure to use. Having a Sinclair concentricity gauge to check runout from fired round to finished ammo will reduce your runout the most. You can figure out where in the process your inducing runout.

parshal

The Co-Ax and Mec Marksman produce very low run out. I bought the Marksman and have no regrets.

I use both of these. I have my 6.5SS die in the Marksman 98% of the time. I'll use the Marksman to tighten primer pockets since I have more leverage with it. I find the Marksman is easier on my arms when sizing since the handle just feels better being lower on the bench. I also feel I have more leverage with less force from me.

I've had the co-ax for about five years. I love how easy it is to swap dies and I quickly and easily swap from a mandrel die, bullet puller and decapping die. It's the first press I use for most functions. I like the universal jaws since I don't have to looking for a shell holder. But, I don't like it sometimes with shorter cases because you have to bring the handle completely up to get the shell out. I have a shorter handle that I use and it helps some.

I recently bought the cheapo Lee Precision press and use it to decap. It's quicker because I don't have lower the handle all the way to remove the case. I tried using my Hornady cam bullet puller but if the bullets are tight the press isn't up to the task. It's a dedicated deprimer.

flashhole

Some claim they taught their Co-Ax to walk the dog and do the dishes, the press excelling at both.

I had one. Nicely made press but the ergonomics were not for me. I much prefer my Ultramag. As far as runout ... all quality presses will produce low runout if you learn to use it properly.