For Those of You who Wear Costa Del Mar Frames...

I'll have to show this post to my wife tonight. She sells Costa sunglasses. My Fantails with glass lens and green tint are very mirrored. Costa has amazing customer service. Let them know if you think they are wrong. They sent me brand new glasses after the little rubber inserts on the ear pieces came off. Then told me to keep my old ones.
Agree very good customer service, have used it may times and always very satisfied.

Hoping folks on here can help. I recently purchased a pair of Costa Del Mar Jose frames with blue mirror 580 polycarbonate lenses. When they arrived I was surprised that the blue mirror finish on the lenses was not as bright as I thought it was going to be, more of a matte. I compared them to a bunch of images and videos online of the same Jose frames and all the ones I saw online sure seem to be much more "mirrored" and bright blue than the ones I was sent. Can anybody tell me if these appear to be "normal" or if I should be worried about being sent a non-authentic pair of frames? Or maybe do the real glass lenses have a more "mirrored" and bright blue finish on the lenses than the polycarbonate? Everything else with them appears authentic but I'm no expert. Thanks for any help!
Where did you buy them?

I always buy at reputable dealer, so if there are issue they can assist with getting them repaired. Repairs have changed, you cant just send them back on your own anymore, they must go through a dealer. You can buy them online a little cheaper but im not sure what support you will have if needed. Have had 0 issue with repairs through local tackle shop and the dealer dosent charge to send out for repairs.

I always buy at reputable dealer, so if there are issue they can assist with getting them repaired. Repairs have changed, you cant just send them back on your own anymore, they must go through a dealer. You can buy them online a little cheaper but im not sure what support you will have if needed. Have had 0 issue with repairs through local tackle shop and the dealer dosent charge to send out for repairs.
I have never had an issue sending them back directly up to last year. Has something changed?

Yes they sold out and a few things changed. I went online and tried to get a shipping repair ticket like normal and could not. Had to go through the shop i bought them from, but it want difficult at all.

Where did you buy them?
Seller was a third party vendor but I did research them and everything seemed on the up and up. I didn't pay full retail but I guess there's always that chance of getting a fake pair. I'll shop a dealer for a pair with glass lenses now.

For all of you knocking polycarbonate, remember it's designed to protect your eyes from anything which will cause eye loss; including splinters from a glass lens.

I can afford to replace my sunglasses if they get scratched; an eye, not so much.

For all of you knocking polycarbonate, remember it's designed to protect your eyes from anything which will cause eye loss; including splinters from a glass lens.

I can afford to replace my sunglasses if they get scratched; an eye, not so much.
I broke a pair of the glass lenses one time I can't remember how. The glass when it broke was kind of like a windshield. It shatter but all stayed together. I am not saying there is not a possibility of a glass shard but didn't look that likely from what I witnessed. I also ran over a pair with a 52 hp tractor on a stone driveway and they didn't break only scratched they are pretty tough.