For the Tikka guys

Sykes

Last edited:
sound like a salesman

Sorry to have bothered you, Just thought I'd share something I found interesting. I've always wanted a tikka but could never get past that cheap feeling/sounding stock. Now there is a quality CF stock available for them and one that I am familiar with on a rifle I love to shoot. John at Mesa is also a great dude doing good things for shooters. If your not interested in innovation then it's your loss. As for me I like cool ****

Sorry to have bothered you, Just thought I'd share something I found interesting. I've always wanted a tikka but could never get past that cheap feeling/sounding stock. Now there is a quality CF stock available for them and one that I am familiar with on a rifle I love to shoot. John at Mesa is also a great dude doing good things for shooters. If your not interested in innovation then it's your loss. As for me I like cool *Rule 4 Violation*
I have one of the mesa precision stocks.
20191130_142723.jpg
Very impressed with them so far

Sorry to have bothered you, Just thought I'd share something I found interesting. I've always wanted a tikka but could never get past that cheap feeling/sounding stock. Now there is a quality CF stock available for them and one that I am familiar with on a rifle I love to shoot. John at Mesa is also a great dude doing good things for shooters. If your not interested in innovation then it's your loss. As for me I like cool *Rule 4 Violation*

No need to apologize for your good intentions. "We" all need to synthesize what is being presented to us. Cheers!

That's a nice looking stock,,, why not a Wildcat Composites Rifle stock at half that price,,, lighter and a molded main beam in the fore-end to eliminate twisting...

And Stewart has been at it for a long time... His Vartec Composite stock has been on the market for many years...

And he can build it to spec for any action or manufacturer...

If you get your friend in the North to order it in Cnd funds then mail it South you'll save even more since the green back is 30 ish % higher...

A person can get it coated in any colour of your choosing,,, or do it your self...

$375 + 5% tax in Cnd funds works out to... $257 Usd + shipping...

Its a no brain'er to save alot of coin...

http://wildcatcomposites.com/Tikka.html

Stewart made me a custom Vartec for my long action Remington even though they were designed for the short actions...

He fills in the area ahead of the front lug so it can incorporate the long action for bottom feed or clip...

I had mine filled in which really stiffness the fore-end up the front shank and inner ribb down the center which makes it very solid...

My custom long action stock came in at 2.2 or 2.4 lbs,,, each stock is weighted before it leaves his facility...

I was going to do the $788 Macmillan A-5 stock in """Cnd funds""" until I found the Wildcat Composites stocks...

They are modelled after the M-40 design with a forward palm swell so a shooter can work off the sand bags or add a Anschutz long rail for a F Class bypod,,, normally we order extra loooooong fore-arms to our stocks,,, but we ordered the Vartec in its standard length for PRS...

Did I mention that the Vartec stocks come with a curved pistol grip,,, lots of us shooters like the non wrist bend,,, its a much more comfortable fit for my shooting sports...

Don't get me right or wrong,,, the sporter class stock design works good for those that grew up using them,,, but the other group of shooters that enjoy the natural hand grip so we can take full advantage of the Vartec design...

So a person can order either design at their choosing,,, I'll admit that once a person try the pistol grip style that there ain't no going back...

The savings in funds allowed me to use the left over cash to buy a Jewel target trigger...

Having options is good,,, not only for the Tikka owners,,, but everyone that has custom made action that require a solid stock for shooting,,, like I mentioned on another thread,,, there are 2 to 3 X's as many rifle stocks on the market today apposed to rifles and actions,,, once a person handles a quality stock that is balanced to the rifle it's tuff going back to factor units,,, IMO only that is...

Cheers from the North

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.