? for the smiths

Ridge Runner

OK, I took a new guy to LR shooting out a couple times, he killed a whitetail at 575, and we were busting a rock at 1060, now he wants to best set up his rifle to shoot farther, he has a win. model 70 stainless 338 win mag, He is in need of a brake, now I have hollands page pulled up but not sure what the numbers mean

QD Brake S/S 5/8 ins. - .650 -.750 Tapered
what does this mean? 5/8s threads? .650-.750" tapered outside diameter? just lookin for a holland brake for a factory barreled win. 70 338 WM
thanks
RR

just want to clarify my request,
I'm looking for a holland brake to take to the smiths to have it installed and it won't look too bad, any help?
thanks
RR

RR the 5/8x24 is the thread dia. and pitch, the other numbers associated with the description means it will fit a barrel of .650-.750, (I assume)

Why not take the gun to the smith and let him order the brake, thats his job. To make sure the brake he orders fits your barrel. I stock all the sizes of Shrewd brakes, and my own custom brake. I'm sure a smith who installs brakes has some in stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.