For the gunsmiths: 240 Weatherby question

One more thing, there are some 240 weatherby reamers floating around out there with zero freebore. If someone else is cutting your chamber for you, I would make them double check that it is a saami reamer and not a zero freebore reamer that they plan on using.

@adam32+P and @FEENIX why? What is wrong with chambering the barrel for a longer bullet? I don't know. I'm really trying to understand why.
By design, it does not need a lot of jump, unlike most WBTY chamberings. If you look at most longer bullets such as the Cayuga 100g hunting bullet recommend an optimal freebore of .100-.160" (https://patriotvalleyarms.com/flm-6mm-100gr-cayuga-hunting-bullets-50ct/). This will allow you the flexibility to get closer to the land. If you have throated longer, you will have a hard time chasing near the lands if that happens to be where the accuracy zone is. This is why zero freebore exist, as @DJ Fergus noted.

thank you, gentlemen. I appreciate your input. I have a lot of info in my head but I never fail to add more when I ask questions here. Cheers!