For the 25 creedmoor guys. Or the guys who’ve used Alpha or Petersen brass. Or both.

Blaster01

Well my 25 creedmoor build is coming along now and I was wondering about brass. There's two companies who make head stamped brass for the 25. Alpha munitions and Petersen. I was wondering what might make a guy choose one over the other. Anybody have experience with these that can shed some light? The Petersen is about 5 dollars cheaper per 100. What are things to look out for with each one? Pros and cons?

both are very good brass I use peterson for what it is available in and have used alpha and had zero issues with either all pros and no cons either way

Give Starline 6.5 SRP a go, like quality at half the price, and readily available, unlike the other's.

I have Alpha & Peterson SRP, and the Peterson is way better than the Alpha.

Give Starline 6.5 SRP a go, like quality at half the price, and readily available, unlike the other's.

I have Alpha & Peterson SRP, and the Peterson is way better than the Alpha.
"readily available" where? 25 Creed Peterson IS available right now.
I have used both Starline and Peterson in a 6.5 Creed and the Peterson is well worth the cost.

"readily available" where? 25 Creed Peterson IS available right now.
I have used both Starline and Peterson in a 6.5 Creed and the Peterson is well worth the cost.
Meaning, before RONA, Starline was always available pretty much where components where sold, even direct in bulk. Peterson & Alpha are made sparingly in runs and when they gone, they gone!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts