??????? for Shawn Carlock

wildcat

Hey Shawn, I think it's you that puts on a long range shooting class. I' ve always wanted to take one of these classes. I have a couple of questions;

1. How many times, a year, do you give the class

2. How long is the course

3. How much is the course

4. What days do you hold the class (I am hoping weekends)

5. How far would I shoot

6. What do you teach the class

7. Will I receive a certificate

8. How many people usually take the class

I would be interested in taking the class. I live in California, so I would have to fly and make hotel reservations. Let me know, I would love to come.

Wildcat,

I responded in all caps below.

1. How many times, a year, do you give the class

5 OR 6 TIMES

2. How long is the course

2 DAYS, 8-10 HOURS EACH

$300.00

4. What days do you hold the class (I am hoping weekends)

ALL ARE ON sATURDAY / SUNDAY

5. How far would I shoot

OUT TO 1275, BUT THE MAIN FOCUS OF THE CLASS IS FROM 350-850 YARDS.

6. What do you teach the class

PRETTY BROAD QUESTION BUT HERE GOES: EXPECTATIONS OF EQUIPMENT, RIFLE OPTICS, MOA EXPLANATION AND USE, EXTERNAL BALLISTICS, DOPING ATMO CONDITION CHANGES, UP/DOWN HILL SHOOTING, INTERNAL BALLISTICS, SHOT PLACEMENTS, BALLISTIC CHARTS, SHOT LOGS, SPOTTER/SHOOTER TECHNIQUES, ZEROS, DROP CHART DEVELOPEMENT, FIELD SHOOTING POSITIONS AND TECHNIQUES. I MAY HAVE OVERLOOKED AN ITEM OR 2 BUT THAT ABOUT COVERS IT.

7. Will I receive a certificate

YES, JUST HAD THEM PRINTED UP FOR NEXT YEAR.

8. How many people usually take the class

THERE WILL BE A 8 PERSON LIMIT ON EACH CLASS AND THEY USUALLY FILL UP.

HOPE THAT HELPS IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS YOU KNOW WHERE TO POST THEM.

[ QUOTE ]

$300.00

[/ QUOTE ]

Must say that is a bargain. I've seen some of these classes advertised for $1000 +. Kudos to you on making the class affordable to most folks.

Bill,

Thanks, travel, class tuition etc. should not cost more than your rifle. There ius alot to learn for most people about LRH and everyone who wants to should have access to it.

Shawn, thanks for all the info. I really appreciate you taking the time to type all the info. I live in California, how long does it take to get to Idaho? Are there hotels close by? I might be driving to your place, it just depends on how long it will take from Cali. If it takes to long, I will fly. I am thinking about coming in June 07, will you have a class at that time. How far out will I need to make a resevation. This class will give me some quality experience, allowing me to use the techniques in the field, and possibly at work.

Jake (Wildcat)

Eaglet & Wildcat,

Classes are done for the year. I will have a schedual out in late Jan or early Feb and will post it here. If you send me an email I will put you on the email list for the schedual. I will have 5 classes between May-August. I drove from Sacaramento to here in 16 hours (a long day) once. We are in Couer D' Alene, Idaho. There are good motels within 15 minutes of the range for day 1 and day 2 is a 40 minute drive into the National forest for the day. You need to pre pay to hold a spot in the class. I will have 1 for sure in June and maybe 2 that month.

Thanks Shawn, I will probably drive, and come in June. This is off Topic, Boise State has another good football team this year, I can't wait to watch them play Fresno.

I, e-mailed you too, regarding class and another topic.
Jake (Wildcat)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.