for all you Banish 30 owners

has anyone had the problem of trying to take a Banish 30 apart to clean? after getting a new baffle from Mack Bros for one that I damaged I put it back together correctly and used anti-sieze on all treads so it would not freeze together from heat.so today I saw carbon cloud come out while testing loads so time to clean right? took front cap off and removed the 2 baffles then tried to unscrew the other 2 pieces from the main body but they will not unscrew at all, I only put it together hand tight. so put it in the sonic cleaner nice and clean now but will not come apart to get the baffles out to finish cleaning, any ideas? thanks Jim
I just received mine last week and have only put 15 rounds down it but I ordered a puller with mine because I have had problems with taking apart other silencer that I have. Look on there web-site.

Rocky, per previous posts. the problem in not getting the baffles out is it getting the tube apart so the baffles can be taken out, I have the tool but it DOES not do anything to help take the 2 piece tube apart thanks for your reply. Jim

Rocky, per previous posts. the problem in not getting the baffles out is it getting the tube apart so the baffles can be taken out, I have the tool but it DOES not do anything to help take the 2 piece tube apart thanks for your reply. Jim
Thanks Jim, Sorry for not getting it. What your need is my son-in-law that has a grip like a vise. Amazon sells barrel vise adaptors that are out of plastic or rubber that would hold the longer tube and then use a Belt strap wrench to loosen it, But I would first soak it in the CLR for 12-24 hours. Good luck and let us know because I'm sure I will have the same problem in the future.

Dale called me a bit ago from Mack Bros and we talked about it. he said that the tube being titanium it is softer than steel and said sometimes the treads tend to freeze together sometimes and the only way to fix it is to cut the tube and then machine new treads but he said bring it in if you want to fix it or just use it and sonic clean with CLR as a lot of suppersors are not taken apart so issue solved

Thanks for the update...good to know. I think I'll try to break mine loose periodically in hope that it won't happen to me. I wonder if soaking or sonic clean in CLR will affect the coating on the can?

I asked about that and he said it would as you use the sonic cleaner, it will slowly take the finish off, I am going to bead blast mine so it will be about the color of my stainless barrels

So I had to check mine tonight to make sure mine wasn't carbon-welded together as well. I have shot quite a bit and it's probably due for a cleaning. It was TIGHT...literally all I could do to get the end section broken loose and the cap was tight as well. I think I'll make it a point to break those sections apart after each shooting session. I also gave the threads a good coating of Frog Lube as well. Hopefully I'll never run it to the point of not being able to get it apart.

Dale called me a bit ago from Mack Bros and we talked about it. he said that the tube being titanium it is softer than steel and said sometimes the treads tend to freeze together sometimes and the only way to fix it is to cut the tube and then machine new treads but he said bring it in if you want to fix it or just use it and sonic clean with CLR as a lot of suppersors are not taken apart so issue solved
I guess the problem is solved if you don't ever want to shorten your can for hunting. I'm thinking i'm going to do what conjon said and make a habit of just loosing it after each shooting match. I'm glad you asked your question.
Randy

I probably have Dale rework the can depending on the cost after I get back from Africa in April, working on loads right now and do not want to wait and maybe have to start from scratch again

In the aerospace world we used either silver compounds or plating.
Otherwise these folks may have what you need:

In the aerospace world we used either silver compounds or plating.
Otherwise these folks may have what you need:
This Anti-seize is good stuff, It's what i have used on the farm for to many years to remember.