For all you 30-06 owners, what bullet are you using?

hello all
i will go with an 150 gr barnes on top of cfe 223. out of an 24" barrel it should give 3100 fps quickload says . at moment i m waiting for the rifle . it s an mauser 66 rebarreld by gunsmith . hope to get it back in august .
i will post results

Curious as to what folks are using. So many rifles seem to have a few bullets that are really popular - 300wm and the Berger 215, 6.5 PRC and the 156, etc. But the 30-06 doesn't seem to have that hugely popular favorite bullet. Since there is such a huge selection of bullets, I would expect to see answers all over the map.

I wanted to shoot the Nosler 180 BT but I would get a flier a third of the time, Switched to Berger 185 VLD and it went away. With N560 I'm getting 2877 with this bullet and it should easily dispatch anything smaller than an elk, and could work for elk as well although it won't be my primary elk gun.

What are other people shooting?
I shoot Nosler 165 grain Ballistic Tips over W760.
They are accurate, flat shooting, and drop deer.

Curious as to what folks are using. So many rifles seem to have a few bullets that are really popular - 300wm and the Berger 215, 6.5 PRC and the 156, etc. But the 30-06 doesn't seem to have that hugely popular favorite bullet. Since there is such a huge selection of bullets, I would expect to see answers all over the map.

I wanted to shoot the Nosler 180 BT but I would get a flier a third of the time, Switched to Berger 185 VLD and it went away. With N560 I'm getting 2877 with this bullet and it should easily dispatch anything smaller than an elk, and could work for elk as well although it won't be my primary elk gun.

180 Accubond for elk. 180 Warner Flatline supersonic to 1900 yards and .4 inch group at 100 yards for distance shooting.

180 ballistic tips with 4350 at 2850 is **** hard to beat always very accurate in the barrels ive loaded. Also did some playing with 130ttsx with great results. 165 acubond shot excellent in my sons but I didn't like how they performed on game.
what powder charge ? (I am working with a remington 760 pump )

thanks,

Paul

I have two -06's, one pre 64 70 featherlight that runs two loads. 180SST's for elk, black bear, and Muley. 165 TGK's for speedgoats, whitetails, wolf, mountain cats (cougar), and the like. The 165's shoot flatter/faster, so for the longer shots in eastern MT it gets the nod.
the second -06 is a Remington 7600. It's strictly a thick terrain hunter and shots rarely see 300yds. Because that same terrain has a distinct possibility of surprises of the tooth and claw variety, the load is 200gr Barnes TSX, and moving as flat fast as it will go out of the 22" barrel. Not pleasant to shoot for extended strings on the bench, but when the adrenaline is pumping you won't even notice recoil🤣🤣

Many bullets work. For me it is the Barnes 150gr TSX or TTSX. Loaded over Win 760/H-414 or one of the 4350 powders. 3000fps , & will shoot completely thru heavy bodied mature elk with ease. Easy on the shoulder, flat shooting, & quick time of flight.. What not to like.....