For all you 30-06 owners, what bullet are you using?

Curious as to what folks are using. So many rifles seem to have a few bullets that are really popular - 300wm and the Berger 215, 6.5 PRC and the 156, etc. But the 30-06 doesn't seem to have that hugely popular favorite bullet. Since there is such a huge selection of bullets, I would expect to see answers all over the map.

I wanted to shoot the Nosler 180 BT but I would get a flier a third of the time, Switched to Berger 185 VLD and it went away. With N560 I'm getting 2877 with this bullet and it should easily dispatch anything smaller than an elk, and could work for elk as well although it won't be my primary elk gun.

What are other people shooting?
I use the Sierra 180gr SPBT GK bullet. Using a less than max charge of H4350 am getting 2825fps. Taken 2 6X6 bulls with that load at distance of around 300 yards. Another bull was taken at 250yards with 180 partition and a spike at 50yards with the 165gr Sierra SPBT GK.

Curious as to what folks are using. So many rifles seem to have a few bullets that are really popular - 300wm and the Berger 215, 6.5 PRC and the 156, etc. But the 30-06 doesn't seem to have that hugely popular favorite bullet. Since there is such a huge selection of bullets, I would expect to see answers all over the map.

I wanted to shoot the Nosler 180 BT but I would get a flier a third of the time, Switched to
Unless you include twist rate in the conversation you will get answers all over the board... or target in this case.

I wanted to shoot the Nosler 180 BT but I would get a flier a third of the time, Switched to Berger 185 VLD and it went away. With N560 I'm getting 2877 with this bullet and it should easily dispatch anything smaller than an elk, and could work for elk as well although it won't be my primary elk gun.

I guess I'm old school. Years ago I purchased from a member here on the Fire a large plastic bag of 180 grain Speer Deep Curls. These bullets have cannalures, so maybe they were overruns, or blems. However they all shoot just fine from a 1-10 twist Pac-Nor barrel on a Remington 721. I drive them with IMR 4350. I may this year try RL-16 to see if there is an increase in velocity or accuracy if I draw an Elk or Deer tag, and decide to use this rifle.

Nosler 165 grain Ballistic Tip is my go to bullet.
I load it with 5? grains H4350 running 2900 fps ... I'd have to check if you need powder volume.
It shoots under 3/4 MOA in 2 different factory Remington 700 rifles I've used it in.
When you go for elk... substitute the Accubond or Partition and POI wont be much different for reasonable hunting distance.

30-06,, I've been hunting with one for 45 years, for deer 145gr is plenty and your getting into 3300 ft per second using a custom load, Elk 168 or close, different brands offer slightly different sizes, for Moose go for the heavy load 180-220, depending on your brand of rifle and twist you may not be able to shoot lighter loads accurately. Most 30-06 have twist ratios designed for 168 or higher, your barrel twist ratio will tell you what loads it will shoot no matter the brand or caliber unless you want to spend endless time at the range experimenting

Nosler 165 grain Ballistic Tip is my go to bullet.
I load it with 5? grains H4350 running 2900 fps ... I'd have to check if you need powder volume.
It shoots under 3/4 MOA in 2 different factory Remington 700 rifles I've used it in.
When you go for elk... substitute the Accubond or Partition and POI wont be much different for reasonable hunting distance.
From my experience... especially factory Rem 700 and one Vanguard...the 165 is the sweet spot weight for 30-06.
My buddy dropped 2 elk with factory 165 corelok... so with good shot placement, the 30-06 with 165 is both an accurate and deadly all around game getter.

I have actually had really good groups from my Savage out of factory Hornady bonded 165gr. Drills deer and would not hesitate to take Elk with them.

150 gr. matchkings 49.0 grs. IMR 4064. Groups average .441 @ 100 yds. out of Weatherby Vanguard with Timney trigger & Weatherby accubrake.

I use the 150 grain Hornady SST out of my 7600 pump with 47 of Varget and Federal primers. It shoots 5 shots in an inch group at 100 yards which is phenomenal from a pump gun with a shotgun-like trigger.

Took my first pronghorn with it in Wyoming at about 150 yards and it literally pink misted him; we all saw it and were like WOW! It blew him right over and he didn't move a muscle. Blown over like he got leveled by a lineman. I'd never seen such force before. Impressive actually.

I will have to agree with others there is no one bullet that I use for every thing but then I'm spoiled and have options unlike people in the past or other parts of the world .