?? for 375 Ruger shooters

Varmint Hunter

I've got a new Ruger Guide Gun in 375 Ruger. Using a Stoney Point OAL gauge and measuring off the ojive, I measured the OAL of a 260gr Partition bullet when just touching the rifling and get a measurement of 2.863".

I then sat the 260 PTs into the case as deep as they can go and still use the cannalure for crimping if I go that route. The loaded case, measured off the ojive, is 2.847". That is a scant .016" of bullet jump. Somehow this doesn't seem right for a factory dangerous game rifle.

Has anyone else noticed this with the Ruger Guide Gun?

I've had one of the Hawkeye Alaskans since they first came out and the 260 Accubond is my go to load. Just seat them to the cannalure and you're good to go. They'll feed and shoot beautifully. Mine shoots the 260 Accubonds into .75" 3 shot groups at 100 with the 2.5-8x scope, and that was without messing around with seating depth. Just figure out your powder charge and crimp the bullet on top and you're good to go.

Andrew

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.